Organizing Question

Aerin

When I was small I catalogued all my books. I then wrote a letter and a number in them and put them in order on my shelf.

Now, 35 or so years on, I still have some lettered and numbered books. I have no clue what it means.

Whatever you do, keep a note of it.

Alphabetical, maybe within publisher, sounds at least possible to crack if you forget the code...

LS have a categorisation system, and I still don't get what makes a deck one category instead of another half the time. Historical is about the only one I can really do. Oh here it is

Artistic
Cultural
Esoteric
Historical
Metaphysical

Now then. The China Tarot is "artistic" and so is the Fairy, the Gnomes are "cultural" as is the Vampires of Eternal Night and the Heart, the Egyptian is "Esoteric" and the "Circle of Life" is Metaphysical. I understand that it's meant to be the driving force behind the tarot that determines the category but I could never remember which was which in a month of Sundays.

So whatever you choose, my advice is keep it simple.

Debra

How about

Arty
Cutesy
Enigmatic
Historical
Mysterious Mish-Mash

and

Uncategorizable

:p

Aerin

Debra said:
How about

Arty
Cutesy
Enigmatic
Historical
Mysterious Mish-Mash

and

Uncategorizable

:p

:D

Now I'm laughing so hard I am regretting my stomach crunches yesterday at the gym.

I think many of mine belong to

Mysterious Mish-Mash

AJ

gregory said:
And at least I don't have to shuffle them all along when I get a new A deck :)

PS what is the word before secularism on your sig ???? she asked nosily.....

Ah, perhaps I should have said "that's the beauty of alphabetical and having a deck cap. They don't outgrow their space :)

My sig is Namaste, Of no religious affiliation. Less wishy washy than "I don't know".