using the tarot for in-depth daily guidance?

Farzon

I do use Tarot on a nearly daily base, three cards in the morning. To help me getting aware of situations, support me with a kind of anchor when I get angry etc. Doesn't help every time. Sometimes it only shows the current situation.

I also use the I Ching from time to time. For me, it also describes what was going on and why. Of course it provides you with advice, as well. To me, it works similar to the Tarot in this aspect but the answers are more concrete. Like in a newspaper horoscope (much wiser, though [emoji6] ).

A few words to your criticism on Christianity, closerwalking:

I was raised in a typically European way of Christianity: believing in a living God, who will forgive you your sins, who is there for you. I had my "theological crisis" with about seventeen-eighteen, like everyone. Through martial arts, I discovered Zen, the Dao de Ging and the I Ching. Later on, through my study of the history of arts, I rediscovered Christianity, through the Tarot the Kaballah. You could easily say, I'm a syncretist or aeclectic. I use traditional decks, RWS-clones, Hermetic decks, Pagan ones and Christian decks. Every religion searches for answers to the final questions and every religion finds it's own, beautiful symbols.
Please stop insulting this beauty by reducing Christianity to an imperialistic tool of evil.

As gay man, I have my issues with every religion out there, also with Christianity. But by breaking out from my belief system, I was free to view it with new eyes and to see it's beauty.

What you do is neglecting that we all are part of a culture; if you break it up completely, you will replace it with a new one, which will be a burden to some again. You simply cannot live without cultural system, because we are constructed in a cultural system and reconstruct (and change!) it again with everything we do.

dancing_moon

do you not have friends that you value and want to keep connected to? and this requires staying in touch with them.

Perhaps, the word 'guidance' is not very precise. Sure I have friends, both visible and invisible. Sure we keep in touch as often as we can. But it doesn't mean that I seek guidance from them every time we talk. Invisible entities are not necessarily wiser than myself, and their knowledge might be limited to the invisible realm only.

what could be more important than nourishing one's relationships with one's beloved ones?

Like you said, it's all about priorities. Mine are slightly different than yours, but it doesn't make either ones more or less important, of course. :)

I had near death experience when i was young teen. This experience showed me, reminded me that most everything that people do is unimportant. does not have duration.

Well, for me, if something is not long-lasting, it doesn't automatically make it unimportant and ignorable. I respect short-lived things and experiences as much as long-term and durable ones.

but when I am honest with myself, I have to admit, how limited I am when I go through life relying on my own consciousness. I am always enhanced by the added insight from my trusted companions.

Perhaps, that's the core difference. It might be a good idea to rely on your own consciousness more. After all, you are the Presence. And if any of your companions are really trustworthy, they'll encourage your trust in yourself and won't try to make you dependent on their counsel. :)

JackofWands

I agree with what Ravenest said regarding possible daily uses for Tarot. I have a Tarot altar space where I reflect on daily cards not for divination, but as perspectives that I can bring to my day's tasks.

Nisaba, I understand where you're coming from--asking for detailed guidance on a daily basis rather than simply living one's life really is, as it was appropriately named earlier in this thread, navel gazing--but personally, I never use the Tarot for that kind of guidance, so in my practice it's a bit of a moot point. I always use Tarot to reflect on personal action and attitudes, for myself or for a querent. When I performed daily Tarot readings in the past, it was (for me) a note structured equivalent of the end-of-day reflection that I would have done anyway. (This was also during a period of time where I was trying to solidify my relationship to the cards, and reading with them on a daily basis certainly helped with that.)

This is different from what I've seen of the OP's perspective, but that's where I stand on ye matter.

closerwalking

I think too the differences may be related to what people use tarot for. For me I use it as oracle to commune with Spirit. i do not use it to forecast the future. I do it to love and be loved.

closerwalking

I do it as practice to link into Love, Wisdom before i rush out the door.

Farzon

I do it as practice to link into Love, Wisdom before i rush out the door.
That's a beautiful way for a daily use! I would put it in different words, but I think practically, it's not so different from what I do. I do it as part of my meditation.

Thanks for clearing things a bit up. Sounds like you were raised with a hard-core misused interpretation of Christianity. When you study different religions you will see, they all have been used as reason for war, violence and suppression.

Then you can decide if you follow no religion at all, your own or if you try to see the core of a religion, the goal that is so often hidden under political interests.

Alta

Moderator note:

Hi all,

I appreciate that strong feelings about religion, belief systems and spirituality have come to the surface. However this is a tarot section and the topic of this thread is "Do you use the tarot for daily guidance?".

If any of you wish, and are subscribers, you are very welcome to discuss this in detail in the Spirituality forum. But for this thread these posts are off topic and have been pulled.

Regards,
Alta