using the tarot for in-depth daily guidance?

closerwalking

To the OP: Tarot of the Hidden Realm is a lovely deck. :thumbsup: I'm thinking of getting it myself. Still, trying to break loose is just the first stage. You'll be totally free only when you're able to speak about it neutrally, and I'm praying that the beautiful presences around you will help you with that. :)[/QUOTE]

In order to reach that wonderful place of neutrality, one has to see the "thing" clearly first. otherwise one is just pushing to reach that place. This is deep myth, that has had huge influence in my psyche, as well as in the collective consciousness. and no simple manner to separate from this myth. It still dominates society, and is the root cause of all the injustices, imbalances, world sufferings. I no longer believe that i have to be perfect. I simply share what i am learning today, All I really know is that my consciousness is continually expanding. and hardly anything thing is a stopping place. My Consciousness and this Consciousness that I am connected to, encompassing all that is alive, we are all expanding, evolving. But a large part of this planet is still stuck, largely because they are not aware that they have direct connection to spirit.

I don't use Divination to tell me what is going to happen. For the most part, I understand that what happens largely depends on me anyway, based on what is going on my own consciousness. We are bombarded by stimulus every moment. The percentage that makes it to our conscious awareness is pretty small and it is filtered, before we receive it, by our thoughts, beliefs, etc. Divination helps me by providing another set of wise eyes, that see things I missed. and brings the most important ones to my attention. I find this beneficial to do daily.

dancing_moon

I don't use Divination to tell me what is going to happen. For the most part, I understand that what happens largely depends on me anyway, based on what is going on my own consciousness.

I so agree with this. :thumbsup: And then nobody can save the world from themselves. We can only work on ourselves and give as much as we can. :)

Starshower

<removes invisibility cloak>
YES! Very well said indeed, closerwalking. My sentiments too. :)

closerwalking

do you not have friends that you value and want to keep connected to? and this requires staying in touch with them. My best friends are the ones I have met through divination use. I enjoy my conversations with them. They are deeply fulfilling and stimulating and always helpful. It all about priorities in one's life. what has priority? and why? what could be more important than nourishing one's relationships with one's beloved ones? I had near death experience when i was young teen. This experience showed me, reminded me that most everything that people do is unimportant. does not have duration. what is important is who we are, not what we do. I agree one cannot save the world. indeed that is whole nother myth. but when I am honest with myself, I have to admit, how limited I am when I go through life relying on my own consciousness. I am always enhanced by the added insight from my trusted companions.

ravenest

So ... you found a good deck :).

I was going to recommend 2 things;

A pagan deck ... I thought there must be some out there that are modern and made a point of removing the Christian expression as part of their formation. But you seem to have found one

A psychological / hermetic approach. This is easier with the minor cards as one can just go (for starters) with the numbers and elements, then add astrology. The Majors are more loaded with Christian iconography. But after a while one gets to the crux that they are energies / nodes of significant underlying experience/states/stages/archetypes/etc. The Christian symbolism is AN expression (one of) of the form, not THE form itself that the other associations derive from.

But to use it in a reading one must realise the Christian paradigm and influence may be there to some extent in the reader or querent . On a psychological level, that could be crucial. But aside from this they are time old principles that don't HAVE to relate to Christian iconography at all.

I would have thought there are a few decks decks out there like that ?

PS ... have you considered the relationship of Court Cards to Hexagrams?

Some appear here .... see the last paragraph in each section of the Card description;

http://hermetic.com/crowley/book-of-thoth/court-cards.html

~ actually, there is quiet a bit of commentary on the I Ching in that whole section.

nisaba

I'm still a little concerned about the whole basis of this thread. Why would anyone ever need "In-depth, daily guidance" unless they lived every single day of their lives in crisis? Someone explain that to me, please?

ravenest

I have used it, but not in a way as some seem to see it has to be used. When I did daily tarot it was more of a 'practice'.

I think the best way for me to describe such a 'practice' is to give some simple similar examples;

+ The 'daily horoscope' ( I know, I know ... but many people do it).

+ Todays astrological transits.

+ The 'meditation for today' ( by a selective or random process) to explore a 'state of awareness' or some other reason.

+ 'Research' purposes.

+ Affirmation cards or similar - some people choose one in the morning and work on it.

+ A Tarot card ... for the day , or over the bed at night or on one's altar.

With Tarot I can see it working as a 1 card 'reading' ... or maybe a small combo. But keep in mind the way I use cards. A full reading that is considered predictive or 'fortune telling' ... every morning ... like the daily newspaper horoscope ... no, that's not for me.

But I see these uses (and tarot generally) more as 'meditations' than 'divinations'

ravenest

Of course , from a magical perspective, if one wants the best chances for a successful operation, one works WITH the 'forces' ... it should be during the best astrological time ... if that isnt today, then what IS today a good day for ? One could use tarot for the same thing.

One could do a daily reading for that reason I suppose; if one lived in a daily state of magical consciousness. I have done it for extended periods of time - its pretty cool. A retreat , 'vipassana' or 'magical retirement', etc.

The OP seems pretty committed to their choice of path and daily expression so ... < shrug >

nisaba

Yeah, Ravenest, I'm familiar with the concept of daily meditations, but asking for guidance suggests divinations rather than meditations.