Readers and Collectors of Tarot and Oracles

Tarot Oracle Reading Collecting Poll

• Total voters

Jewel

I am more into the study aspect but do do redings for myself and friends, but study and creative writting are main uses of tarot. I use less than 5% of my tarot decks for reading, as well, I do not read that often.

gregory

I have no idea. I really cannot vote here !

You were warned !!! :D

Papageno

gregory said:
I have no idea. I really cannot vote here !

You were warned !!! :D

I know :)
but that's OK. you don't have to vote but you can still post whatever you like

room

Since you have apparently allowed for comment Tri, hopefully without a bullying or disagreeable argument in response, I'm going to say that individuals must feel a need to classify to the point of meaninglessness.

Extraneous percentages and statistics have no meaning.

If one enjoys and uses a collection, then one does.

Papageno

room said:
Since you have apparently allowed for comment Tri, hopefully without a bullying or disagreeable argument in response, I'm going to say that individuals must feel a need to classify to the point of meaninglessness.

Extraneous percentages and statistics have no meaning.

If one enjoys and uses a collection, then one does.

ROFLMAO!!! :laugh:

you're as bad I am. please contact me for induction into the Most High and Exaulted Order of E.C.E.

Annabelle

I'm a collector and a reader :).

Though my collection is large (about 300 decks and growing), I use quite a bit of it for readings on what I consider a regular basis. For me, "regular" is not daily or even weekly, as I don't read tarot every day. But I'm not a "one deck wonder" kind of gal - when I do read, I'll riffle through a drawer of decks until one catches my eye, and then use it.

WolfSpirit

I voted "all aspects of cartomancy" although I hope I will discover new aspects yet :)
I use tarot for reading but also for meditation, brainstorming, relaxing going through the artwork of a deck and just enjoying it, reading about decks and what the artist intended, learning about the history (haven't study that so much yet).
I voted I use 5% for reading but I think it may be actually a bit more.
I guess that makes me a collector but I don't know if I am serious collector - that makes me think of someone who is always looking to expand his collection, while I have slowed down considerably (but of course there must always be something I still want ;)
And there are already so many things I must do at the moment, tarot is more a fun hobby rather than a serious study subject.

room

trismegistus said:
you're as bad I am.

I believe it's an age-related attitude. Take no prisoners when you turn 50 and forever after. You understand I'm sure.

ECE? Let's see. ..

Energetic Charming Elves
Extraneous Chattering Epiphanists
Elevated Churls of Ecstasy
Epistlers of Chide and Encouragement
Eloquence and Categorical Entanglement
Engaging Catchflies of Elderwisdom

After posting pictures in this thread:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=989092

I will add

Esoteric Collage Enthusiasts

And now I shall away where people who go off-topic are sent. I understand it's a ritzy spa somewhere in Tahiti.

Sophie

room said:
Energetic Charming Elves
Chortle.

I think it was Empirical Cantakerous Entomologist, myself.

(er....wrong forum).

Or perhaps -

Evincer of Clear Evidence ?

Papageno

room said:
I believe it's an age-related attitude. Take no prisoners when you turn 50 and forever after. You understand I'm sure.

ECE? Let's see. ..

Energetic Charming Elves

After posting pictures in this thread:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=989092

I will add

Esoteric Collage Enthusiasts

And now I shall away where people who go off-topic are sent. I understand it's a ritzy spa somewhere in Tahiti.

A ritzy spa in Tahiti.....that must be the Paul Gauguin package. I didn't take that option with my Aeclectic membership. I understood it was an optional rider.

50 - I understand 50 very well. if you really want to scare and impress people you tell them you're half a century old. you should see the faces on the kids when you tell them that })

Later

trismegistus
Exemplary Curmudgeon Extraordinaire