Readers and Collectors of Tarot and Oracles

Tarot Oracle Reading Collecting Poll

• Total voters

Morwenna

Reading and study, cartomancy, and 25%.

"Amassing" is a good word for what I do (when I can afford it), though a deck a year isn't much of a collecting pace for so many people on this board!

minrice

Reading and study for me. I don't consider myself a collector. I have some collectors pieces but I do regularly read with them and I'd say I definitely use 50% of the decks I have as primary decks.

Moona

"Serious"? How serious does that mean? If my partner said: "Me or Tarot!", I would choose Tarot. Is that serious enough? :smoker:

SERIOUSLY, I chose "generally exploring", approx 35% regularly used. :)

light2000

Reading and study for me. Many decks i have i don't use for readings but just because i tought they did before i bought them.

liquidhistory

I wasn't really sure how to answer exactly. I would like to be a serious collector, but I only own about six decks and don't really have the disposable income to get more regularly. I don't know if I'd consider myself a 'collector' until I at least break ten. I did chose the generally studying all aspects as well as focused on reading and study. I am more focused on the symbolism and history of tarot than I am in buying right now so that's what I chose. :)

Darkmage

I fall into the 'general cartomancer' category. I like collecting, though I'm not a hardcore collector. I just buy what I like and I'm not hellbent on getting rare cards, limited editions, and the like. I like reading cards and am trying to expand my horizons to other cartomancy systems as well. I'm liking the Zigeuner cards so far, and I'm ordering in a Lenormand deck tomorrow. I haven't had much luck with reading playing cards, though. *shrug*

For me it's a fun way to make some pocket money and pass the time.

Metafizzypop

I'm not a collector, but I AM a serious accumulator. :)

Lilianne

I have bought some decks for the art but I also hope they may bring new insights. As a route to spiritual development I use two decks, just adding in a third. I'm a complete beginner to spreads for which I'll be using just one deck initially.