your favorite phrases for specific tarot cards

MermaidFeet

8 Swords: damned if you do, damned if you don't!

That is EXACTLY what I tell querents when this card comes up lol They're usually like *sigh* Yeaahh.

Amanda

My newest realization: Advice from the 9 of Swords says, "Ask yourself why.." and then it usually refers to some problematic behavior a sitter is doing to make a situation more complicated than it actually is.

canid

My newest realization: Advice from the 9 of Swords says, "Ask yourself why.." and then it usually refers to some problematic behavior a sitter is doing to make a situation more complicated than it actually is.

I like that, and that goes along with the 'drama queen' & 'making mountains out of molehills', eh? I always associated this card with my schizophrenic mother, just to add another layer to the pile. She certainly had a need to be the center of attention & if she didn't get it, why, she'd just have a schizoid 'episode' & land in the hospital.

I hope some don't think this thread is trivial - I think it's fun & educational at the same time.

9 of Swords - Wringing hands, ungrounded suspicions (I know, not always ungrounded)

9 of Wands - Wait & see

7 of Swords - 007 (as in Double Oh Seven), the 'Spy' card. AKA the 'embarrassment' card

5 of Swords - Empty victory, give it up already

10 of Wands - Takes a village to raise a child

Amanda

I like that, and that goes along with the 'drama queen' & 'making mountains out of molehills', eh? I always associated this card with my schizophrenic mother, just to add another layer to the pile. She certainly had a need to be the center of attention & if she didn't get it, why, she'd just have a schizoid 'episode' & land in the hospital.

Yes! I just could never get a good handle on the 9 of Swords as advice... as many people (including myself previously) would just say something along the lines of 'stop worrying so much' but the action in the card doesn't suggest to 'stop' doing something... so then it hit me that this card is telling someone to think harder on the situation -in a 'face the facts' kind of way.

Sar

Deviant Moon Tarot.

Hermit: You do not know anyone before you have walked them out of their shoes (refering to the nail polish on his toes).

Shade

8 of Swords: "No one is coming to save you."