your favorite phrases for specific tarot cards

minotaur

I have noticed many great phrases in miscellaneous messages. They usually say something like, "I think of this card as the ____ card."

I propose a thread where we share our favorite phrases and thoughts we use for certain cards. It can have a fortune telling aspect, spiritual aspect, or any way you tend to use your favorite tarot phrases.

I'll go first...when the 9 of cups come up I often say, "This is the 9 of cups, some people call this the good luck card. When this card comes up the old gypsy would say , 'Whatever you wish for will be granted.' " I then apply it to whatever is appropriate. It's a good phrase that people seem to enjoy hearing.

I hope others have ineresting things to share to make this an interesting thread.

cartarum

six of cups

my favorite phrase for the six of cups is "that which is soon to be a memory".

ScarabFlight

Three of cups

When ever I see the three of cups I say (to myself because that's who I read for) "Ah, this is the party card!" Then I figure out how that would fit in with the reading.

Le_Corsair

I call the RWS four of Pentacles the Greedy Bastard card. I call the 7 of Swords the Sneaky Bastard card. :D The 10 of Cups I refer to as Ding-dong, the witch is dead! The 4 of cups is the Petulant Bastard. (right lot of bastards in this deck, I think.) The 9 of Cups is the Wish Card. Tradition calls the King of Wands the country gentleman.

A few of my names for the cards are obscene, and can't be repeated, such as the Queen of Wands. (it has to do with her cat.) :joke:

Bob :THERM

magpie9

Ummm............7 Wands, courage, 8 Wands, moving fast. 9 Wands, defending your turf. 10 wands, workaholic.
8 Cups, changing direction, 6 Cups, emotional fullfillment, 7 Cups make a choice!
7 Pentacles, assess and be patient, ..................more?

Cocobird55

10 of Cups -- the Happy Family card

Sue

jema

The Magician - The Transformer Card
The Empress - The Mother Card
The Wheel - The Flow Card
Strength - The Sexy Card (if it suits the situation)
The Hanged Man - The Passive/Agressive Master Card (if it suits)
Temperance - The Alchemist
The Devil - The Sexy card or The Challenger
The Tower - The Ouch card
Judgement - The Wake-Up Call

6 of cups - The Nostalgia Card
7 Coins - The Slooow Card
8 of Wands - The message card

And recently:
3 of Swords - The Dentist card. (It will hurt as hell but it has to be done or it will hurt even more.)

In most cases the keywords feel rather limiting, they were really good to have to learn tarot with and still today it is a fun exercise to try and sum up a card in two or three words.

raeanne

Temperance - The Goldilocks card; not too hot, not too cold, but just right!

poivre

Wheel of Fortune:
Fate doesn't turn to greet us,
but we turn to greet our Fate.

miss_apples

I call the 3 of Swords the heartbreak card,
the 2 of swords is the stalemate card,
and the 2 of cups the love card.