Got My Scissors Out Again - this time, the THOTH gets it!

Little Baron

The Thoth does come alive after a good haircut Mercenary30. Looks lovely. Have you worked with the deck yet or have you still got a way to go with the trimming?

Yaboot

Gardener

I'm eight cards into the oversized thoth and it looks WONDERFUL! Contrascarpe is very opposed, whining and pouting, but I'm delighted with the cards. They are so beautiful. I never even noticed the intricate background on the three of pentacles before. Amazing painting. Frieda is da bomb!

The corner cutter really makes them look like regular cards instead of mini-paintings.

Simone took great pictures of the chopped Haindl for me, but I'm having trouble sizing them for the post. She and Contrscarpe both hated it chopped, they say it's not just circumsized, but castrated!

Not that it's slowing me down any...

Gardener

The Haindl in all its glory

edited to add:
(ooops, the picture went away!)

Gardener

second Haindl picture

Attachments

• haindl3a.jpg
    haindl3a.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 329

Gardener

first Haindl picture, resubmitted

Attachments

• haindl2a.jpg
    haindl2a.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 283

Gardener

third Haindl picture, because I'm so happy with them

Attachments

• haindl1a.jpg
    haindl1a.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 275

mercenary30

Yaboot said:
The Thoth does come alive after a good haircut Mercenary30. Looks lovely. Have you worked with the deck yet or have you still got a way to go with the trimming?

Yaboot

Actually that deck is completly done, and I did a second one as well.

With the straight edge cutter and the cornering tool the job is pretty quick and very accurate.

I did use the big Thoth for this. So my cards are close to the size of the normal Thoth without the borders cut off.

xviiirkna

Gardener said:
third Haindl picture, because I'm so happy with them

Gardener,

No wonder you're happy...these cards are gorgeous without borders! Thanks for sharing the pics. I have a snipped Thoth deck, but I think my Haindl might need to get scheduled for an elective surgery very soon.

:)

Blessings,
Sally Anne

Gardener

Yaboot and Merc (and anyone else who has trimmed the Thoth),

Is it just my deck or is the Queen of Wands smaller than all the other cards? This is very weird.

Merc, what is the tool you are using to chop decks? I'm still slogging away with scissors, and as this is the fourth deck, I'm starting to think I'm not being as efficient as I could be...

Sixteen cards to go, and I cannot wait to try a reading!

TemperanceAngel

Gardener they look awesome, Yaboot has started such a trend! And a good one at that, I do love a bit of anarchy })