Got My Scissors Out Again - this time, the THOTH gets it!

Tarot Galadriel

Nice one Jewel-ry .

I think it could be a rude one ! lol

Wow if the images jump out on a normal deck imagine things jumping from those ones ! lol

WolfSpirit

LOL Tarot Galadriel :laugh:

I think it is a deck that was created by someone who is a member of this board...and she doesn't want to confess she circumsized his or her baby, LOL

WolfSpirit

And I'll confess I've been looking with a lustful eye at my scissors...and then I just had to see what the Swedish Witch would look like without borders. I hesitated a bit because the keywords in Swedish look so funny, but the borders are just such ugly grey while the pictures are so colourful.
And the deck came in an ugly grey box too, ugh.

This will be the last trimming for now, though. I think ;)

Jewel-ry

This is my question Imagemaker: Did you have an excuse for chopping this deck? Like - Keywords!!

Or did you do it just for the fun of it? ;)

Are you getting just a little too scissor happy?

Imagemaker

Are you getting just a little too scissor happy? [/B]

You know, scissoring DOES make me happy! :)

After trimming so many, I've developed a strong need to have the borders GONE. The images are so much more alive to me, the decks are smaller, and I don't feel as much of a barrier between cards (one to the other).

I don't mind the keywords on the Gill, they're still there. I just didn't like the blank surrounding border.

There are some decks where the labels or decorations can't be trimmed away cleanly, and in one case I just cut through the objects and it turned out very well, anyway. Somehow I'm connecting closely with decks I'd abandoned for awhile, by trimming them.

I'm not trimming decks with really narrow borders, they're not enough of an interference to warrant the effort. And some decks don't have a straight line around the image, I need that for a cutting edge.

I invite anyone to take a deck they never look at, never cared for, and don't want to bother to trade, and see if it's trimmable, and go for it! You'll create a new relationship.

Jewel-ry

Imagemaker said:
You know, scissoring DOES make me happy! :)

I invite anyone to take a deck they never look at, never cared for, and don't want to bother to trade, and see if it's trimmable, and go for it! You'll create a new relationship.

OK, I shall go look through my numerous decks and see what I can do! I have chopped the Rohrig and its wonderful now so I am not averse to a little bit of snipping either ;)

tmgrl2

NONONONONO....bad, bad YABOOT!!

Sit!

Stay!

Put down those scissors...

You now have...

What?? What?? What do you have now?

I dont' know what you have?

You don't have a Tarot deck anymore.

There are probably all these little uneven bumps sticking out around some of the edges, and when you shuffle and IF you use them to read, a card that saved a bump will come up over and over and haunt you.

Oh dear.

Tmgrl wanders around holding her head in her hands.

She doesn't read with her Thoth...but CUTTING them...

Ouch!

I think the confetti idea works...cut them into little pieces, put them in a bag, go to a high roof and scatter their "ashes" upon the unsuspecting people walking beneath the God of Thoth.

terri

Imagemaker

Tmgrl wanders around holding her head in her hands.

She doesn't read with her Thoth...but CUTTING them...

*a soft lullaby plays in the background*

Picture yourself relaxing by a table. On the table is a lovely pair of scissors and a stack of cards.

*humming rises*

An idea pops up. "These cards would be so beautiful without those ugly, interfering borders."

*a soft yellow glow appears around the scissors*

"I--in my own small way--have the power to make these cards more beautiful. I could trim away those borders."

*little silver sparkles appear around the cards*

"These cards could speak more clearly if they weren't muffled by printer's regulations and publisher's requirements. The borders are stifling the tarot!"

*snip, snip. Useless cardboard falls away from the brilliant colors and now released movement of the inspired images.*

"I hear . . . clear words . . . and feel smiling angels urging me on . . ."

*snip, snip*

"Aaaahhhhhh"

Jewel-ry

Is torture allowed on this forum?

:p

Imagemaker

Nope, only liberation is allowed, and encouraged!