Index: Pictures of Trimmed Decks

Cat*

A while ago, I trimmed the Waking the Wild Spirit deck. I just couldn't SEE the beautiful pictures through those awful borders!

I left the bottom title for now (I intend to read it more like an oracle so this seemed to be the better part for that) and typed up a list of the top and bottom titles in case I should need them. Once I have learned the deck (which may take a while, given my still-ongoing IDS with the Greenwood), I plan to cut off the bottom border, too.

I have included the trimmed card back in my picture (bottom row, to the right). I regret losing the snakes a little, but being able to see the front card images totally makes up for that loss. Once the lower border is also gone, the backs will be reversible again.

I also found a link to a picture of a completely trimmed Waking the Wild Spirit by bodhran (posted here).

ETA: If I talk about my picture, it would be a good idea to actually attach it... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• WakingTheWildSpirit_trimmed.jpg
    WakingTheWildSpirit_trimmed.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 193

pippi

Thanks for the link, Cat. I've added bodhran's link to the index. :)

Cat*

I just noticed I forgot to attach the picture I had been talking about in my previous post. It's there now. :)

AJ

Wow, Wild Spirit looks wonderful, thanks for sharing the images Cat.

I'm working on the Feng Shui by Connolley, US GAMES Systems

While I'm trimming I'm also embellishing with sparkly nail polish :) life is good.

Before and After

I was surprised and pleased to find after cutting off the borders there remained on the backs a very fine red border which I hadn't noticed at all before.

I didn't mind the borders on this deck, am trimming for size to make shuffling easier.

Attachments

• Feng Shui with borders 001.jpg
    Feng Shui with borders 001.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 165
  • Feng Shui debordered and pimped 001.jpg
    Feng Shui debordered and pimped 001.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 168

Debra

Egorov tarot trimmed

I trimmed the Egorov, a truly lovely deck with deeply annoying titles. http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/egorov/

I took off only the titles, and, to even out the frame, a smidge off the top border as well. All freehand with scissors; then re-rounded the corners with a corner rounder.

Did it make the backs cattywhompus?
Yes.
Are the cards all even?
Not very :laugh:
Do I care?
Nah.

Here's pictures, in progress and done.

Attachments

• egorov comp 2.JPG
    egorov comp 2.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 173
  • egorov comp 178.JPG
    egorov comp 178.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 182

AnneLien

Yesterday I trimmed my Magical Forest, and I regret it a bit, not sure why...

Wendywu

I trimmed my Karma today :)

Untrimmed cards click me

Trimmed cards as in attached pics

Attachments

• Karma Tarot AT.jpg
    Karma Tarot AT.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 202
  • Karma Tarot 2.jpg
    Karma Tarot 2.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 170

AJ

you darkened each card afterward, right?
I bought some really odd ink the other day that is made to go on inkpads, but I think it really might have some serious edging uses :) If I could make rhinestones stick on the edges I would, I love bling.

Miss Divine

AnneLien said:
Yesterday I trimmed my Magical Forest, and I regret it a bit, not sure why...

I trimmed mine recently, and I think they look so much better.