Index: Pictures of Trimmed Decks

AJ

I've done it for both reasons, but I wouldn't trim for size as the only reason. Some big decks look great with their borders. If a five year old can handle piano octaves, surely adults can figure out how to shuffle a deck of cards of any size :)

There are some really great trimmed decks here gang, thanks for sharing the images.
And thank you Pippi for keeping the index updated!!

strings of life

My trimmed Robin Wood (my first trimmed deck)

I did it - my first deck trimming project.

I snipped the white borders off my Robin Wood and rounded the corners :D. I just love how it looks now; it's like an entirely new deck. I sense an addiction coming on...

Pippi, here is a photo!

(Tarot bag my minrice ;))

Attachments

• robin-wood-trimmed.jpg
    robin-wood-trimmed.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 811

pippi

Thanks aurarcana! I've added them to the index. (Yes, you will now be scrutinizing all decks with the eyes of a trimmer!)

AJ

I keep looking at my Ancestral Path this week...the deck certainly doesn't need trimmed for size, it's perfect, but there is such a beautiful rounded inner border crying to be released...

I May Be Back :)

edited to add: yipes, just checked and this is one of those high$$ out of print decks. Hummm to cut or not to cut.

Teheuti

Could this index be added to the permanent threads at the top?

faunabay

aurarcana said:
I did it - my first deck trimming project.

I snipped the white borders off my Robin Wood and rounded the corners :D. I just love how it looks now; it's like an entirely new deck. I sense an addiction coming on...

Pippi, here is a photo!

(Tarot bag my minrice ;))
I'd never thought about trimming my Robin Wood. But this sure looks wonderful. :heart:

I don't know if I could trim the deck I have now. It's the third deck I ever bought (don't have the first two anymore) and I love it immensely just the way it is. But........getting another copy and trimming that one.....hmmmm.... that's a thought. :D

LOVE the bag too minrice! gorgeous!

pippi

Teheuti said:
Could this index be added to the permanent threads at the top?
I asked this of the mods, ages ago, when I first started the thread. They said no. Best they could do was add it to the lump sticky thread:

"Note: Index:process;trimming;gaylesbian;making bagsboxes;travellingdeck,One Deck Wonder etc". Once there, you have to click on this link:

"List of threads on trimming decks". And then once AGAIN, click through on the last link on THAT post:

"Pictures of trimmed decks index", which will bring you HERE. :( So it's a complicated labyrinth to go that route. Easier just to fish for it yourself really.

Maybe the mods will have a change of heart? :)

Sulis

Pippi said:
I asked this of the mods, ages ago, when I first started the thread. They said no. Best they could do was add it to the lump sticky thread:

"Note: Index:process;trimming;gaylesbian;making bagsboxes;travellingdeck,One Deck Wonder etc". Once there, you have to click on this link:

"List of threads on trimming decks". And then once AGAIN, click through on the last link on THAT post:

"Pictures of trimmed decks index", which will bring you HERE. So it's a complicated labyrinth to go that route. Easier just to fish for it yourself really.

Maybe the mods will have a change of heart?

It is in one of the sticky threads at the top of the forum: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=57517

ALL of the sticky threads are now in that one index thread. We just don't have the space for separate sticky threads so now all the stuck threads are treated the same way.
If we gave every 'stuck' thread it's own space they would take up the whole of the front page of the Talking Tarot forum. I realise it's not perfect but it's the best we can do.

Sulis - Talking Tarot co-moderator

GeorgiePorgie

The other thing you can do is put it in your "Watched Threads" List.

Up the top right, is a drop down selection titled Thread Tools, click that, put it in your Watched Threads list (select your choices within that regarding notification type ie no email, instant email when someone posts to it, daily digest or weekly email) and then when you want to find it easily again it will be in your User CP (User Control Panel, top top left of the page).