How to Win Ebay Auctions for Tarot Decks ?

G6

My question right now is if I am the highest bidder should I:

1.) Just set a maximum amount on Ebay now?

2.) Put a snipe in for my maximum amount now?

I want to pay the lowest price within my maximum, thanks!

Teheuti

My question right now is if I am the highest bidder should I:

1.) Just set a maximum amount on Ebay now?
If several people want the item, then every time someone places a bid the current bid will rise until it passes the highest maximum set by all the listed bidders. At that point you'll have to decide if you will go higher. Prices can escalate like crazy this way.

2.) Put a snipe in for my maximum amount now?
The automated system will enter a bid, usually in the last 5 seconds, that is only the pre-determined minimum rise from the previously accepted bid. Someone else's automated or self-placed bid might get in after yours - depending on how many seconds still remain.

G6

If several people want the item, then every time someone places a bid the current bid will rise until it passes the highest maximum set by all the listed bidders. At that point you'll have to decide if you will go higher. Prices can escalate like crazy this way.

The automated system will enter a bid, usually in the last 5 seconds, that is only the pre-determined minimum rise from the previously accepted bid. Someone else's automated or self-placed bid might get in after yours - depending on how many seconds still remain.

okay, sounds like you're saying do the snipe and they will place an incremental in the last 5 sec if it is within my minimum because if I put in a maximum bid manually on Ebay now others will know even if Im the highest bidder?

Teheuti

if I put in a maximum bid manually on Ebay now others will know even if Im the highest bidder?
No one will know your max until you've been permanently outbid - your max was reached and exceeded - and even then they won't have exact figures.

G6

No one will know your max until you've been permanently outbid - your max was reached and exceeded - and even then they won't have exact figures.

Thanks for explaining all of this about bidding. I guess I'll just put my max bid in through Ebay if nobody will know. Someone will likely snipe, but it'll wind up going to whoever has the highest bid even if it is at the last minute.

G6

FYI - I just found out it does clue everybody in that you've set a maximum because it enters your name again with the same price as highest bidder. Oh, well, I'm sure people are just going to snipe because they don't want to drive the price up more. We'll see...

Thanks for all the info!!! :)

G6

Lol, nobody sniped it. ;-)

danieljuk

good luck with it Golden!
my tip would be that if you have a smart phone, you can get the ebay app! you can set it to pop up if you are outbid and it also tells you before the end of the auction. So if you are doing bidding the manual way, it's useful to get notifications wherever you are! But some of the 3rd party services sound useful.

let us know what is the best solution you have found, good luck :thumbsup:

Abrac

Back when I was buying a lot of decks, and had the time to do it, I'd just watch eBay as much a s possible for new listings. It's amazing how many great deals turn up on Buy It Now.

earthair

No point in paying for sniping, just stick in a max bid, and cross your fingers!
When all is said and done, it comes down to those maximums, regardless of the source. The timing in the last 5 secs can just come down to luck.