How to Win Ebay Auctions for Tarot Decks ?

G6

Hey Folks!

Just wondering if you all have suggestions on how to win Ebay auctions for tarot decks? I have a feeling there are lots of dealers on Ebay that have more experience with such things, so I am looking to level the playing field a bit with your help! :) Thanks!!!!

What worked for you or didn't when you bid on a deck through Ebay?

3ill.yazi

I use auctionsniper.com to automatically bid, and then I just try to be patient. Decide what you are willing to pay and stick with it. Ask dealers questions.

G6

I use auctionsniper.com to automatically bid, and then I just try to be patient. Decide what you are willing to pay and stick with it. Ask dealers questions.

How is auto sniper more effective than setting a maximum bid through eBay?

mydearruby

Here is what I did---for the item I absolutely want, I just set an alarm five minutes prior to its ending time, and then enter my max bid about one minute before finishing time. It saves unnecessary and wasteful bidding and prevents prematurely driving up the price.

Only when I cannot make for the ending time (e.g it takes place in Beijing time) then I turn to auction sniper.

G6

Here is what I did---for the item I absolutely want, I just set an alarm five minutes prior to its ending time, and then enter my max bid about one minute before finishing time. It saves unnecessary and wasteful bidding and prevents prematurely driving up the price.

Only when I cannot make for the ending time (e.g it takes place in Beijing time) then I turn to auction sniper.

Okay, so auto sniper does the same thing basically just minutes before the auction ends. There's no advantage to using it vs. doing it yourself unless you can't make it to a computer?

Teheuti

I use esnipe. I determine my maximum and then forget it. If I win, I win, if I don't, too bad, but I don't agonize over it and I don't drive up the price needlessly. I've missed out on a few good things, but just won a unique antique German cartomancy deck for under $20. If you are on a tight budget, it's the smart way to go.

G6

If you set your maximum on auto snipe does it enter that amount at the last minute or just whatever amount over is needed to outbid someone?

mydearruby

Auction sniper can indeed help you to input your maximum bid in closing seconds. But there are two disadvantages:

1. Sometimes you need to decide your maximum bid only upon the last minute based upon current offer.
2. why pay them to auction for you when you can totally do it yourself----the only thing you ever need is an alarm in your smart phone, and it saves all the "agonizing"=)

G6

They offer 3 free snipe trial, BUT if I am the current highest bidder should I just set a maximum on Ebay and forget about it?

Does it matter when you set your maximum bid on eBay if you are the highest bidder?

Teheuti

So, if you like being in control and are willing and able to go over your maximums in order to "win," then you'll want a do-it-yourself process. If you can't stand the anxiety and are on a really tight budget where you can't afford to get caught up in a bidding war, then rely on an automated system. If you aren't bidding frequently and not on super high budget items then automated bidding should only cost you pennies, plus your bid goes in during the final seconds so you can only be out-bid by someone who has placed a higher maximum on eBay.