beautiful tarot cloths

Caedryn

nisaba said:
It's an ancient mystical spell. According to archaeologists, the Egyptians had a spell which was a cure for a hangover, too: I don't remember much and I've lent out the book, but in amongst a variety of miscellaneous stuff and calls on Horus, two hairs from th2 hind leg of a hyaena had to be soaked in the breast milk of the mother of a boy-child as a part of the brew that was the eventual remedy.

How long has our society been saying that you cure a hangover with "a hair of the dog"?

But back to gorgeous Tarot cloths. I favour papyrus-based linen, myself - those Egyptians knew a thing or two, the wrappings of some of their mummies still survive.

Their mothers must be pretty old eh! ;)

~ C

Open Arms

gregory said:
REALLY ????

Wow. (great stuff, hairspray - it also dissolves ballpoint stains - spray and then wash and voila. But NOT on silk, I believe...)

How did you discover that ? This reminds me of the fact that you can get scorch marks out of sheets by rubbing them with the cut side of an onion. I want to know who discovered this - and HOW !!!!!!

Hairspray can also be used to kill spiders.One thing my mother taught me was to keep lemons handy - after cutting up onions or garlic, squeeze lemon juice on your fingers and wash them with cold water - no onion/garlic smell.

I was given a pair of totally horrendous queen sized purple satin sheets(with matching pillowcases) by my now ex mother in law which I have used to make a witches costume cape for my kids, a skirt for me and now looking at the material left over I see a couple of tarot bags in the making and maybe a reading cloth too.

I often sew a couple of Swarovski crystals to the out side of each bag I make so I can tell them apart as nothing is more annoying than having to open four identically coloured bags to find the deck you are looking for inside.

gregory

Open Arms said:
Hairspray can also be used to kill spiders.One thing my mother taught me was to keep lemons handy - after cutting up onions or garlic, squeeze lemon juice on your fingers and wash them with cold water - no onion/garlic smell.
I use one of those stainless steel bars - I can't IMAGINE how it works - but they remove all smells from hands. I'm surprised no-one sells them for underarms... (mem to self: must try that...)

nisaba

gregory said:
I use one of those stainless steel bars - I can't IMAGINE how it works - but they remove all smells from hands. I'm surprised no-one sells them for underarms... (mem to self: must try that...)
I have just two words for you:

calamine lotion.

Take the lid off the bottle, cover it with one of the convex bits of the palm of the hand, invert it, right it again, and rub palm on other armpit. Rinse and repeat.

<obligatory on-topic reference>

I can't imagine how this Useful Information can be applied to stinky but gorgeous Tarot cloths, or that horrible smell that permeates Old People's houses and second-hand clothing shops.

ETA (Okay, more than two. I just can't shut up, can I.)

gregory

Actually I am quite happy with my everlasting deodorant rock. I just wondered if the steel . . .

Alta

Moderator note:

Luckily for you two that you have reduced me to giggles....

mod note: offtopicofftopicofftopic.... stoppit!

Alta

gregory

Alta said:
Luckily for you two that you have reduced me to giggles....

mod note: offtopicofftopicofftopic.... stoppit!

Alta
:|

Sorry.

A bit. :) :*

I don't usually USE cloths, but I do own a few..... They are very ordinary. Do they actually help a reading, does anyone think ? Or just look nice and keep the cards clean.

baba-prague

gregory said:
I don't usually USE cloths, but I do own a few..... They are very ordinary. Do they actually help a reading, does anyone think ? Or just look nice and keep the cards clean.

It depends on whether or not you're using one of the new artificial intelligence cloths with built-in prediction chip.

gregory

baba-prague said:
It depends on whether or not you're using one of the new artificial intelligence cloths with built-in prediction chip.
Oh - OK. Do yours have them ? I could use one of those....

HearthCricket

I love Tarot Totes, too, and also like rummaging through consignment and antique shops for vintage shawls. You can also buy some lovely ones through various historical and museum shops, but they are pricey, so be sure you can use it for other things as well!