Werewolves.

danaofthebells

I cannot seem to find, nor find anyone to create a werewolf tarot deck. I am extremely interested in finding one that revolves around the nature of these creatures, or having one created.

Anyone who is interested please list the tarot deck's name (and preferably a link) or the prices they would require for the artwork.

Bad_Calvin

Artwork is going to run you a pretty penny. If you are serious about finding artist, then you may want to search some artist sites on the net to find one that fits your style. You will not find an artist willing to do this for free, unless you have a buddy.

I am not aware of a werewolf themed deck.

I do agree that if done well it could be quite cool.

Marua

Take a look at the Gothic Tarot by Joseph Vargo. Its not all werevolves, but there are some that resemble. It might be better to look at monolithgraphics.com, since they don't show the cards with wolves here at Aeclectic. Its Vargo's art site, so you can also take a look at his other works.

femalegamer

It would totally fitting if White Wolf did a Werewolf (and Vampire) tarot to go with their Mage one. Hopefully either would be better, though. :)

darkiscross

The Gothic tarot by Vargo comes to mind. Like Marua said, the deck is not all werewolves. It also features other such creatures of the night like werewolves, vampires, ghosts and gargoyles. Some cards have werewolves in them. The Fool, Six of Swords, Queen of Wands and Knight of Pentacles. And the images ARE creepy.

You can view the deck in its entirety here:
http://www.tarotkorea.co.kr/gallery/gallery1_show.php?card=Thegothictarot&suit=Major1

danaofthebells

I've seen Vargo's deck, and it is not what I am looking for. While his style is acceptable, though certianly appears to be themed more towards the vampiric creatures, rather than those who answer the call of the moon.

What would it run, as far as price goes (of course varying from artist to artist). My assumption was that it would cost me around $1000 to get the artwork required.

DraagonStorm

danaofthebells said:
I've seen Vargo's deck, and it is not what I am looking for. While his style is acceptable, though certianly appears to be themed more towards the vampiric creatures, rather than those who answer the call of the moon.

What would it run, as far as price goes (of course varying from artist to artist). My assumption was that it would cost me around $1000 to get the artwork required.

If you find Vargo's art as "acceptable", I would say you need to up your assumption of $1000, by quite a lot!! Consider just a majors only deck... You are talking about 22 full 'works of art'!

Do the math.... Your asking for that level of artistic talent and knowledge of the tarot for less then $50.00 per card. How many hours of work do you think goes into one painting? I'm thinking at least a week or more per painting, and I'm probably way under on that estimate. JMHO

BB
DraagonStorm

HudsonGray

The Halloween Tarot has one very tv-movie type werewolf in it, but that's about the only one I can think of.

rota

danaofthebells said:
... My assumption was that it would cost me around $1000 to get the artwork required.

++++++++

Speaking as a working illustrator, I'd consider that a low offer. Consider the time required to make the artwork, beginning from the stage of consulting with you over the right imagery, through the sketch stage and various levels of approval from you, then acquiring the materials and actually making the artwork, then delivering it to you in a digital form for a printer to use. That may well be a couple of months worth of full-time work.

Multiply those hours by a per-hour rate that is usual for commissioned commercial work. It's easy to see why many well-intentioned deck projects go uncompleted. But it's still possible to do -- you have to want it.

++++++++

Bad_Calvin

I use to work with artist, and they charged me a heck of a lot more then what was being said above. If you can not do the work yourself, then it might be time to learn. Otherwise you are going to be paying a pretty penny to get this work done, and the artist deserve it.
rota said:
++++++++

Speaking as a working illustrator, I'd consider that a low offer. Consider the time required to make the artwork, beginning from the stage of consulting with you over the right imagery, through the sketch stage and various levels of approval from you, then acquiring the materials and actually making the artwork, then delivering it to you in a digital form for a printer to use. That may well be a couple of months worth of full-time work.

Multiply those hours by a per-hour rate that is usual for commissioned commercial work. It's easy to see why many well-intentioned deck projects go uncompleted. But it's still possible to do -- you have to want it.

++++++++