My Home-made Deck

Little Baron

Well, as some of you know from other threads, I bought blank deck. As an excersize, I decided to try and make a deck that means something 'to me', primarily, regardless of traditions etc.

So I have started .. and I thought I would show my efforts here.

I have nearly completed one card. It's not great, but it comes from the heart.

I didn't know where to start.

I chose all of the wrong pens that smudge.

It was more nerve-racking than cutting my Thoth.

Will post the results as and when I finish them.

LB

Little Baron

Two of Cups

The Two of Cups

Attachments

• 2 cups.jpg
    2 cups.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 297

Bad_Calvin

? do you have a preview?

Little Baron

Bad_Calvin said:
? do you have a preview?

I just posted the card. I think we must have been posting at the same time.

LB

Sheri

Thumbs WAY UP

LB ~ all I can say is AMAZING! Please continue! Because you are making something from your heart that is even more special regardless of how long it takes!

Love it!!!

valeria :D

Little Baron

Thanks Valeria.

I was considering which card to do and I really didn't know.

But the one that always made a 'point' in my life is the 'Two of Cups'. I always call it my 'Jane Card', because every time it shows up in a daily draw seems to be a day that we meet up. Jane, incidently is my best friend of thirty years. These days, if the card shows and I havn't arranged to meet her, I take it as a hint to get in touch.

There has always been so much discussion about whether the 'Two of Cups' is about sexual love or friendship. In my experience, I always hoped it would mean that I met someone that I could have a relationship with in a deep and sensual way, but it always pinpointed a good chat with someone, running into an old friend or my good mate, Jane. So I felt I needed to honour her in this card. We are very close and never tired of each other. She is a girl that I have been all over the place with. We have hit many clubs, parties and generally drunk ourselves under the table of many a London-hotspot. But in times of sadness, she has jumped on the train to be with me. She really is one in a million and I wanted the card to reflect our connection - the way that the lines run between us - the little suns remind me that we are in each others thoughts, wherever we are.

LB

gregory

That's GREAT LB. I wish I could draw at all.....:( Can't wait for more !

Little Baron

Thanks Gregory. Do you think it needs colour? I thought block colour might give it a nice 70s feel. My Dad said he didn't but it feels a little unfinished to me at the moment.

I am not in love with it (I am too self-critical for that) but I do feel something when I look at it.

LB

Bad_Calvin

Well done LB! I like it a lot, you have some great skill! Thank you for sharing. :)

thinbuddha

Wow, I would buy this deck! Beautiful! That's the best looking monochromatic tarot card I've ever seen.