Grant me the serenity to accept the things I can´t change - spread

CottonCandy

& 2 years later it's still a useful spread :D
I just tried it & it was quite helpful. Thank you for creating this Embla!

BeyondtheVeil

I :heart: LOVE :heart: this spread! Thanks so much for posting it! *HUGS*

BTV

Espirito

Thanks for the spread.

I like the spread, but.. i don't like the last question.

But in a general way, its nice. Thanks and keep up the good work :D

Myrrha

Wow! I rarely read with positional spreads but will have to try this one. Finding serenity is really always the issue isn't it.

But sometimes what I'd really want to know is which are the things I can change and which are the things I can't. Sometimes it is pretty clear but sometimes it is hard to know if you aren't wise yet. Maybe the cards drawn would clarify this even though the question isn't asked outright.

Kibeth

Thank you for the wonderful spread.

I got:

1) Queen of Swords
2) Page of Cups
3) The High Priestess
4) 3 of Swords

It appears using my recuperating power and contemplative rest are the answers.
Thank you!

Argenta

I like the spread, but am wondering why there are two cards for the first part of the prayer (both serenity & acceptance) but not two for the second one (only courage, without change) ?

Hooked on TdM

Just found this! Its perfect for an AA party I'm reading at next weekend. Old thread I know hut if the creator is still around, thank you!!

rmcfarron

"God/Goddess grant me the serenity to accept the things I can´t change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference"

Position 1: Serenity - How do I find serenity in this situation?
Position 2: Acceptance - How do I find acceptance of the things I can´t change?
Position 3: Courage - How do I find the courage to change the things I can?
Position 4: Wisdom - How do I find the wisdom to know the difference between 2 and 3?

A wonderful spread, Embla, thanks for posting it. After using it a couple of times with excellent results, I made a slight change - I hope you don't mind. I thought others might enjoy it as well. Thanks, Argenta, for the idea for the change!

Position 4: Change - How do I change those things I can?
Position 5: Wisdom - How do I find the wisdom to know the difference between 2 and 3?

jolie_amethyst

A wonderful spread, Embla, thanks for posting it. After using it a couple of times with excellent results, I made a slight change - I hope you don't mind. I thought others might enjoy it as well. Thanks, Argenta, for the idea for the change!

Position 4: Change - How do I change those things I can?
Position 5: Wisdom - How do I find the wisdom to know the difference between 2 and 3?

I might re-word #4 to clarify for those of us who may not know what changes are useful. I know the more stressed out I am, the less likely I am to even know where to start in effecting change in my life. So for those times:

Position 4: Change - What is the single most valuable change I could make right now?

Thanks to Embla, Argenta, & rmcfarron for the original and variants. It's an excellent spread for focusing on the positive changes you should make, and on calm acceptance of the times when chaos in inevitable.

fractalgranny

I might re-word #4 to clarify for those of us who may not know what changes are useful. I know the more stressed out I am, the less likely I am to even know where to start in effecting change in my life. So for those times:

Position 4: Change - What is the single most valuable change I could make right now?

Thanks to Embla, Argenta, & rmcfarron for the original and variants. It's an excellent spread for focusing on the positive changes you should make, and on calm acceptance of the times when chaos in inevitable.

lovely! as a grateful recovering 12-stepper, this is very meaningful for me.