What IS your Favorite Deck?

Amanda

As you can see from my profile, I've not touched many. I got the UFO tarot out of curiosity but it's not really my style. I'm currently using the Hanson-Roberts. I like it because it's clean-lined and playful. Same with Rider-Waite, it's simple. I like the Gilded because it's simple but colorful (gee, see a theme here with me? lol) Tarot of Trees I bought because of the artwork, and I can build a pretty strong essence of the card(s) in a reading just from looking at it, but mainly the colors drew me to it. The Rider-Waite was actually something I bought for my husband as a starter deck, and he never used it so, out of not wanting money to go to waste, I started using it and it turned out to be my inner Hermit. :p It's always given me very wise guidance. Legacy of the Divine I'm still getting used to, but it has a lot of metal for me I think. I can feel the essence of the creator usually through the card images, and it's giving me the feeling that it's a little beyond my scope... it feels like a whole other world.

Rasa

I looooooooooooooove the Soprafino from Il Meneghello.

I love everything about it!
I didn't think there could ever be a Tarot so perfect, that it would surpass all others in every single way....... a PERFECT tarot deck seemed impossible to me... but then I acquired this one a few years ago and it was a miraculous surprise!! My breath was taken away and I was filled with awe, the first time I removed it from its package.
I had never felt that way about a deck before, and have not again since.

- It is phenomenally beautiful, overall.
- it is not cluttered with overt esoteric agendas- so I can attribute the cards in accordance with whatever symbolic systems I like.
- Every single card is gorgeous looking.. there are none that I don't love. In addition to being lovely visually, they are all depicted in ways which are in accordance with my own ideas of what each card is generally about, and yet they also speak volumes in a new light with each new reading.
- The colors and the art style are graceful and soft, yet somehow very bold.
- There are tiny symbolic details which make it stand out interestingly amongst other historical decks.
- The handcrafted box it is housed in is sturdy, and also remarkably beautiful, covered in paper printed with the card images, a World card stuck to the top, and a fancy wax seal added.
- It faithfully reproduces an antique, and the lack of lamination, rounded corned, or modern titles and keywords makes it feel like a precious relic.

How could there ever be anything better? *sigh* *swoon*

Kissa

Anna K

I've rediscovered this stunning deck some days ago and gives me the best/easiest/deepest readings ever. It just flows out of me... Like Anna K has opened the tap and set my intuition completely free.

I used to be shy and clumsy with my cards, kind of worried to bother them, shy to ask them something if i didn't have anything important to ask... I felt like holding them, playing with them but there was always a lock in my head, maybe also I felt guilty of doing tarot instead of house chores... Or i just used chores as an excuse not to spend time with my cards ;)

Incredible, ridiculous lack of self-confidence in my reading abilities, if you ask me. Well now i feel free LOL. I just asked Anna K where was the blocking coming from and what i could do concretely to get rid of it.

I use the deck in creative writing and it just flows and flows.

K

sapienza

My absolute favourites are....

Ancient Italian
Thoth
Mythic

I also really like....

Cosmic
Nigel Jackson
Fournier Marseille
Alchemical

Nightgarden

My favourite deck was and, I guess, it will always be the "Thoth".
Though I like many more ("BoGo", "Golden", "Illuminated" come to mind), this one is outstanding for me in art, expressiveness and depth.

lilangel09

Lunatic Tarot (standard card ed.)

My first deck, anime-style, reads well, trusty, dark, romantic, and gorgeous.

Next are:
Magic Manga
Thoth
Boho Gothic
International Icon Tarot
Fantastic Menagerie
Universal Fantasy

Metafizzypop

I'd say my favorites are:

Vertigo Tarot
Tarot de la Rea
Joseph Vargo Gothic
Housewives
Sensual Wicca
Da Vinci Enigma

firefrost

Ahem - here I go - :)

Victorian Romantic

Anna K

Vieville.

MysticalMoose

Right, lets have a think :)

My Favourite Working/Reading Decks are:

DruidCraft (my all time No 1)
Steele Wizard
Bohemian Gothic
Victorian Romantic
Vargo Gothic
Anna K
BB Cats GOLD
Fey
Mythic (original edition!) (my 1st "proper" reading deck)

Also will mention Waking The Wild Spirit for its beauty & awesomely breathtaking backs :)

Favourite Working Oracles:

Graven Images
Madam Endora
Tea Leaf Fortune Cards
Tarot D'Eltynne

:D MM x

metal_romantic

I LOVE the good old Rider-Waite-Smith, but I'll write about 3 others...

Zerner-Farber
It's so pretty and dreamy... it takes me far away from the mundane into a dreamworld, which lets me tap into my intuitive/unconsious self. I find it very comforting and encouraging, like a wise teacher.

Connolly
This is so very pretty! I love the artwork and the colours are vibrant yet still 'gentle'. There's a very peaceful energy to this deck and I'm enjoying the process of 'figuring out' the symbolism.

Sorcerer's Tarot
A new one for me! Straight away, I was in love! It really, really resonated with me. I find it very clever, powerful and untamed, yet with a mysterious gentleness... and sparkling with good humour. It's eerie in a way, but also feels like an old friend. It is so very aesthetically beautiful, but also deep. Very enchanting!