The De-Enabling Thread

RaeBelle

Here's a go for the Lunatic Tarot.

Some of the images where quite shocking. I got mine at the beginning of December and I've only looked through it twice. I wasn't quite prepared for the shocking images. The Eight of Swords and Seven of Cups come to mind.

Also the King & Queen cards of each suit are done in a different style than the rest of the cards in the suit.

jackdaw*

Oooh, good point, RaeBelle! Forgot about that. Too many kinky outfits, big boobs, and more than a hint of bondage. Have a good look at all the cards (all images of the portfolio version are on the Taroteca website) before you decide, especially if you're easily shocked :)

RaeBelle

jackdaw* thanks for just coming out and saying what I was dancing around.

If you aren't comfortable with seeing bondage, kinky outfits, and some dominance, this is probably not a deck for you. It's more of a warning to look at the cards. This isn't de-enabling but I do like the deck. Just should have done a bit more research.

Alta

The other issue with the Lunatic is that some images look like complete detailed paintings, lush and full of detail. And some look very rough, hardly any detail, like almost random sketches.
(I actually do like the deck, have the portfolio and am awaiting the standard deck from tg. But, like most decks it has 'issues'. And some may stop you from acquiring it.)

Queen of Pentacle

Thanks for so many answers!

Thanks for the informations all of you.

As suggested by the so clever Jackdaw, I went to taroteca to look à the whole deck and I habe been quite amazed.

Many pictures are very beautiful, queens and king especially and the priestess. but I wonder if I ever use this deck, maybe just a little twisted to my own taste.

For sure, i would never dare to read with it for someone else...

But I admit, it really does have something very intriguing at the same time...

So thanks all of you, de-enabled I am for the Lunatic.

jackdaw*

Can anyone de-enable me from the new Baroque Bohemian Cats? With or without gold?

Queen of Pentacle

Not the best of de-enabling.

They're just adorned cats...
But in the other hand, they wear lovely costumes, the deck is weel organised (very Rider-Waite), lovely to look at... And the books from baba are always illuminating.
Oups... I don't seem too good at de-enabling.

Let me know your feeling if ever (when) you get it...

HearthCricket

Hehehe...not an easy one. Let's see....

Well, Gold. Gold is nice, but it really can only be appreciated under certain circumstances. Certain light you can't see it at all, other light you can see it quite well. Sometimes you have to move them around in order to really get the affect. I am assuming this because of the Gold Victorian. I can't even imagine a gold FairyTale, because it would take away from all that bright and beautiful colours. Chances are someone will get it, won't like it, and will sell it for less. (Okay, I am stretching it here, but hey!)

As for the new BBC, you already have the original, which will always be the most beloved and worth the most, plus the borders really are gorgeous. They give it such a luxurious look to the deck. A real Baroque feeling which may get lost in the new borderless edition.

If you really, really want a new BBC, wait until we convince them to put them out in minis, and get it then. That gives you a year or so to save your pennies and then you will not only have a different version of the BBC, but also a different size!

Did it work? :D

Little Baron

Sheridan Douglas. Go on .. do your worst. I am not sure I like it myself, but keep popping back for a little peek.

LB

jackdaw*

Nice try, Queen of Pentacle :) HearthCricket, you're getting warmer ... thanks to you both!

LB: the Sheridan Douglas. Hmmm ... why aren't you sure you like it? What's holding you back?