BEST "DARK" DECK EVER - OPINIONS PLEASE :-)

Aeon.of.Horus

Dark Decks

I have these ...

Dark Grimoir
Thoth
But I havent really seen that many "DARK"decks to be honest..

Or do I just not scare easily....

I want something that sends a chill down the spine..
One that brings out your innermost demons
And faces you off with them

EmpyreanKnight

I'd recommend the following:

Decks I already own

1. The Vampire Tarot by Robert Place
2. Gothic Tarot of Vampyres
3. Zombie Tarot

Incoming!

1. Tarot of Vampyres
2. Deviant Moon Borderless Edition
3. Hermetic Tarot
4. Gothic Tarot

G6

A Few Not So Obvious "Dark Decks"

I'm going to add a few that are not so obvious:

New Orleans Voodoo Tarot

Secret Tarot

These both feel a little on the "dark" side in a way.

Mittkait

I have a few dark decks. But none of them strike me as scary.

Savage II - It has dark imagery (many times literally) but I've never got intense readings from it.

Vampire of the Eternal Night - I've gotten a lot of funky reads from this deck. But it's either a love it or hate it depending if you mind CGI type character imagery.

Tarot of the Hidden Realms - Not really a horror based dark deck but some of the cards in the Sword suit are really intense.

Dark Fairy tale Tarot - Beautiful images, kind of like a card version of the movie "Labyrinth" but again it is a CGI based render art.

Dark Angels Tarot - Interesting but not dark, frightening.

XIII - This deck is very baroque with beautiful but weird images. It shares a lot of art style with Giger.

I have a few other vampire decks such as Tarot of the Vampires and Favole but they strike me as more romantic than dark/scary.

Of course what is scary is personal to everyone. I'd love to get my hands on cards I think are great for Halloween scares.

EmpyreanKnight

Something about the "purely" Golden Dawn Tarot decks seem dark to me. Maybe it's the deep mysticism and arcane occult practices one always associates with them. These decks just beg to be added to any dark decks list:

1. Golden Dawn Magical Tarot by the Ciceros - has a truly first rate companion book, although the box it comes in leaves a lot to be desired.
2. Hermetic Tarot
3. Golden Dawn Tarot by Regardie and Wang

Duquette's Tarot of Ceremonial Magick with its feast of esoteric symbols is also very much worth mentioning here.