Richard Pickman Tarot

Mellaenn

Nice job. I like the expressions on their faces. I can't blame you for wanting to draw a deck; I'm not an artist and I have that same urge. I won't, though; I don't think the world is ready for a stick figure deck. :grin:

By the way, why not create a B&W deck and then color one in for the folks who prefer color?

SPIRIT HAWK

wow how gifted are you lol, brillantxx

nicejade

Hello Richard,

thank you for linking to this thread or I would not have seen it otherwise. Your drawings are beautiful. I can get clear interpretations from your cards and I love the expressions that you illustrate on their faces. I also agree with alot of those out there that B/W looks great and I don't really feel like color is necessary unless you really want it. It seems to help with the dramatic air.

HOLMES

hmm

richard pickman

can you do a test sketch with colour to let us see what the difference is , and your colour style ?

Melvis

Very nice, Richard! A couple things I love:

1. The fact that you come in closer on the characters so you can see more of their expressions, more details of their bodies, etc. This is one reason I've always liked decks such as the Morgan Greer and the Aquarian -- because they bring you right into the action.

2. Speaking of expressions, I love what you're doing with their faces! That's one thing that turns me off of so many decks is the unnatural expressions people are given. On your deck the expressions come through beautifully, even on simple sketches. I like the simplicity, in fact. I hope you keep them black and white, or at least mostly monotone in color.

Great work! :)

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

Richard Pickman

A sincere thank you to everyone for your very thoughtful comments! You are definitely giving me the inspiration to proceed with this project.

I'll let you know when I have some more drawings to look at.

All the best--

Richard

Richard Pickman

I've had a few requests to see examples of some on my color art work. I just posted a number of pieces on my flickr page. It's not tarot art, but at least you can see some of the different ways I work and a sample of what I have done in the past.

Same link as before, but here it is again to make it easy on you:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/richard_pickman/

RP

mysticmonkey

The sketches are lovely but just have to say that I love your non tarot art. Very dynamic and interesting.
I'd be interested to see one of the tarot sketches in colour because at the moment I'm having a hard time seeing them finished with the same sort of dynamic energy seeing as they are pretty standard poses, lovely as they are.