Trying my hand at making a deck ...

Alta

Is there hot liquid in that ??? :bugeyed:
hahaha.... well, can't blame her for asking, your dark cards have been startling! But yes, I can see this as reaching for the cup full of the heart's desire..... at whatever age. I doubt the adult reaching for their heart's desire has an appreciably different feeling. :D

Richard

The Lovers. Although I've never actually seen you in person, you must be my soulmate.

http://s1.postimage.org/fa9a8u61b/Lovers_small.jpg

The hair is horrific. I'll re-do it later, once I figure out how to draw good hair.

I ditched the original Lovers card, since it doesn't fit the overall deck, and it probably ruins the deck.
The hair doesn't matter at this point, since they've never seen each other.

Moonsparkle

The Hermit. When your addictions are visible to the outside world, sometimes you hide in any way you can.

http://s14.postimage.org/v4zb2qfxd/Hermit01.jpg

Now I can absolutely identify with this card. The hermit is nearly always shown with no one else around, and yet, it's all to easy to be isolated in a city (or a gym) full of people. This might be a slightly different take than you intended, but it's what I see looking at the card. Very nice.

akirafist

Thanks! This goes back to when I was REALLY fat, and would go the gym to workout (this is my card, btw since I'm a Virgo). People would actively avoid me, until I was thin, and then they loved to chat it up.

On the back of the front people's shirts is "VIRGO PAIN" which points to the overly-critical nature of Virgo's self talk. And on the two functional TV's is the sign of Virgo, and then my Aquarius rising. The duality of wanting a relationship, repeatedly finding women who wanted one too, and then being so nitpicky and critical to ruin it (along with Aq's emotional detachment from the process).

I thought the card up while on a gym machine today.

Alta

I was going to comment last night, but fingers refused to cooperate. I got your image right away, meaning I could easily apply it not only to my own life but those of some others I know.

It is most definitely a slice of why the Hermit is doing what he is doing, though in some ways points too strongly to the 'wound that will not heal'. But I guess that out of self-imposed solitude comes wisdom and understanding (i.e. your dry comments about when people want to be friendly, or about relationships, both pointing to increased self-awareness over time). A difficult card.