Trying my hand at making a deck ...

gregory

Yes I like Death ! And the two of cups - as Rodney said - AAAAW. The four is priceless.... (Are you OK if I say that ?)

This is going to be great !

akirafist

Nine of Swords. When the nightmares come, no amount of toys, trinkets or childhood memories will save you. Instead you will be tortured by memories of the past that you would prefer to forget, and visions of the hopeless future.

http://s8.postimage.org/e3adf34ad/9_S_small.jpg

I woke up at 2am and couldn't get this image out of my head. The original idea was a bed floating in air, and dream-persons falling out of it getting stabbed (which I may still do as an alternate card).

As of now, the deck will have 4 alternate cards (Lovers, Death, 9S, and another yet TBD). The Lovers could possibly be "the card that ruined the deck", so I want to have an alternate available.

Moonsparkle

Interesting deck and take on various cards. I did find 3 of cups card provacative since I'm used to seeing the women interacting with each other. Here they are interacting with media rather than with each other - something I find increasingly characteristic of modern times.

Miss Divine

Very interesting portrayal of the cards. This feels like a very personal deck, in other words, how you experience, have experienced and view your life. Which I think is a very good thing. These images speak very loud and clear!

:)

Carla

Wow, there are some really interesting images here. I love 3 of Cups and 2 of Cups in particular. The 'dark' cards are particularly disturbing, which I suppose is as it should be. CAn't wait to see the Lovers card, 'the card that ruined the deck'!!

Alta

I agree with the comments above. This deck has a very modern-day feel. I can relate to the three of cups, and I can even see this card (not for you, just free-associating) as three women sitting separately but laughing and joking through their computers or smart phones.

akirafist

Thanks everyone for all the kind words.

three women sitting separately but laughing and joking through their computers or smart phones.

Funny you should say that, as the Lovers alternate card is a man and woman standing back to back, kissing each other through their cell phones.