2008 Tarot Lover's Calendar Cover Contest

Major Tom

I am holding a contest to design the cover for the 2008 edition of the Tarot Lover's Calendar. The winning design will be used as the cover and the winning designer will get a free copy of the calendar.

The rules:

1. Contest open to all members of the Aeclectic Tarot Forums.
2. Original designs must be A4 size, that is, 210X297mm or 805X1170 pixels for electronically produced work as a minimum. Larger works may be submitted for reduction to A4 size.
3. Artwork can be in black&white, greyscale or colour and in any media. Please note however that the calendar will be printed on 'off-white' paper similar to the 2006 & 2007 edition.
4. All entries must be scanned and reduced to 240X350 pixels for submission to me by email. You may also post your entry as an attachment (or as a link to your entry for non-subscribers) to this thread for comment by other members.
5. All entries must include the words "Tarot Lover's Calendar 2008" and "Supported by Aeclectic Tarot" as part of the design.
6. To enter - please send me an email via the link below in the first instance and I will reply with the email address you will need for your submission.
7. All entries with be judged by myself and my partner Jane. Our decision is final.
8. All entries must be received no later than 30 April 2007.

Good luck. :)

temperlyne

Major Tom, after you copy pasted last years rules, you should have changed the year from 2006 to 2007 ;)

Will this, or actually next years cover be in color?
I might enter again this year, but I shall look forward to what other people come up with!

Major Tom

temperlyne said:
Major Tom, after you copy pasted last years rules, you should have changed the year from 2006 to 2007 ;)

Will this, or actually next years cover be in color?

Thanks temperlyne - I've edited the date. :|

The cover could be in colour - it depends on the winning entry.

Major Tom

I'm sensing some reluctance here. hmmm,

There was some upset over this contest last year. So you should read about what happened then.

This year is different. I will be posting images of each of the entrants on my website. Lots of people will see them. Visitors to my website will be able to vote for their favorites for free. Visitors will also have the opportunity to pre-order a copy of the 2008 calendar at a discount, with an as yet bonus (any suggestions?). Naturally purchases will carry a heavier vote weight.

The cover with the most votes as favorite will be the cover. Swayed of course by mine and Jane's opinions.

There's bags of time to get your entry in.

Just think of the exposure. :smoker:

DraagonStorm

OK Tom, I've sent the email to ya!

Here's my entry for this year.

BB
DraagonStorm

Attachments

• tarotloversCalendar2008_draagonstorm.jpg
    tarotloversCalendar2008_draagonstorm.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 175

Mimers

DraagonStorm said:
OK Tom, I've sent the email to ya!

Here's my entry for this year.

BB
DraagonStorm

Wow DraagonStorm, that it gorgeous. I really like that Lovers cover. Very soft and beautiful.

I can't wait to see some more entries!

DraagonStorm

Tom

I was wondering if you got my submission? I'm not sure if I reduced it to the right size for emailing to you?

BB
DraagonStorm

Major Tom

DraagonStorm said:
Tom

I was wondering if you got my submission? I'm not sure if I reduced it to the right size for emailing to you?

BB
DraagonStorm

Yes, it was a triffle large ;) but I got it fine. I'd sent you an email in acknowledgement of receipt. Didn't you get it? :eek:

Is there anything you'd like to tell us about your entry? Did you use charcoal? How did you do it so quickly?

Mimers said:
I can't wait to see some more entries!

Thanks for this. :)

DraagonStorm

Hi Tom

Sorry this took so long to reply, I had a busy few days :)

All my work is digital. This is highly altered clipart, from royality/copyright free clipart. I've been thinking about the cover from last year, so I already had something in mind when you posted, so that's why I had it ready so fast.

I hope to see more entries soon!

By the way I love my 2007 calendar.

BB
DraagonStorm

mythos

For the last eight months my life has been one long tower experience ... and I now have my brain damaged 86 years old Dad living with me. I just don't think that I can do this. I soooooooo want to, but I am using "where there is a will there is a way" just to get out of bed in the morning. I don't think that it will stretch to an entry .. or a submission to TaroS either, for that matter. Sorry!

mythos:(