2008 Tarot Lover's Calendar Cover Contest

mythos

I'm working on one too ... but I am trying to merge photos, and my photoshop (or any other such related program) skills are nigh on non-existent. Would that I had an idea for my Lover's canvas ... I would paint it. Still, the Star is flowing nicely. I'll keep slogging away at this photo idea ... if anything eventuates, I'll email you.

mythos:)

mythos

Here 'tis. My Mum and Dad at 60 years of marriage and their wedding. Dad introduced me to tarot ... and Mum came to Tarot Cafe once:D. Talk about stretch a connection between the entry and the subject matter :D

mythos:)

Attachments

• 2008_sm.jpg
    2008_sm.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 114

Major Tom

It finally dawned on me that I'd not publicly acknowledged your entry Mythos. :rolleyes: Nice one. Thanks very much.

There's still a week to go to get your entry in everybody. ;)

By the way - the deadline has been extended to the 31st of April. :joke:

blue_fusion

what orientation should the entry have? can it be landscape?

Major Tom

blue_fusion said:
what orientation should the entry have? can it be landscape?

Good questions. :) The entry should have a portrait orientation because the calendar contents will have a portrait orientation. That said, I wouldn't turn away an entry in landscape orientation if the designer thought it was appropriate considering the calendar contents will be protrait.

Also - don't forget a 'hanging hole' will be drilled in the middle of the short edge so the calendar can hang in portrait orientation.

blue_fusion

omg. !_! i shall have to redo mine...

waya

Okay, I've got something I'm working on, just hope I can get it done by the deadline.

blue_fusion

this is my submission for major tom's calendar contest. (and i do hope he got the email!) i used images i made some time last year (they're somewhere in my DA site). i think it started from sketches for an attempted deck that never pushed through. it's somewhat tolkien-inspired in that the two figures were originally intended to be the moon and the sun: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/necromancer151/talaarawan_sample.jpg

(the original image i did can be found here: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/43939504/ as it is square, i made some adjustments to the layers so it will fit the calendar specs)

:) - Ly

Major Tom

blue_fusion said:
this is my submission for major tom's calendar contest. (and i do hope he got the email!)

I did - thanks very much for your entry. This is really starting to shape up into a contest.

Sidhe-Ra

Oooo..should I colour it?

Here is my entry, rather poor compared to the others, I feel, but I wouldn't like not to enter. I think I've rushed it a little because I have a horrid tummy bug at the moment. I've done it on watercolour paper, so I COULD colour it... shall I or shan't I?

Blessings,

Em x

Attachments

• 2008calendardesign1small.jpg
    2008calendardesign1small.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 106