The Temperlyne Tarot online

la-luna

I can only say one thing: wow
It looks and promises to be as good as all your other wonderful cards (2 thumbs up!)

Keigh

Amazing!

First, I have to say that your Chariot fulfills all the promise your early drawings suggested. There is so much contained power, sensuality, and vitality in this image. It's as if you stopped time and caught an incredible source of controlled energy and put it on a canvas. Raw and forceful, yet elegant and refined at once. Truly a work of art.

The Hierophant is shaping up to be one of my favorites! My life/soul card is the Hierophant and I am always trying to find one I like. Most decks disappoint, but I can see the power and the deeper meaning already taking shape here. I can't wait to see it develop!

Keep up the good work Temperlyne, and do let me know when this deck gets published....I'm signing up for an autographed copy!

~K

mythos

OMG - I want to scrap all my stuff - start all over again when I see your work. I won't of course! But ... this hierophant has the potential for me to truly understand him. It is a card which I fight with, in spite of having painted my own version. Question: Is the sphere - tiferet - with it's paths from chokma and binah, and downwards designed to look like a crucified figure -with tiferet (the sun - son -christ) centre as his drooping head?

If it is, I am awed by the brilliance of the idea - if it isn't I am still awed by how our unconscious impulses act when we create. I am awed anyway:cool3:

mythos:)

Ivy Rhiannon

wow what an innovative and spiritual deck! I absolutely adore your strength, lovers, universe, and chariot!!! Like the site too, good job with it. I wish you the best of luck with your deck, and can't wait to see more.

temperlyne

Gosh Mythos and Keigh,
Talk about pressure... Did I mention I suffer from performance anxiety?

I am afraid I allready managed to **** this one up a bit, I transformed the drawing into paint and lost a lot of its strength in the process. When I colored the chakra's.. I made my wise and dignified hierophant look like a clown.
I know I know, it isn't finished by far and I might still safe this image, but well I guess I am my own worst critic. I just hope you won't give up after seing this stage of the process...

As for the symbolism in this card, I normally prefer it to be more intuitive but for the hierophant I felt I needed to change that approach. I wanted to try and combine the kabballah world tree, christian symbolism, chakra's, sun and moon referances and the pentacle into a stained glass styled, loving old man. Stained glass because the hierphant filters the divine light so it doesn't blind us and the obvious symbols from religions because they are striving towards the same goal; enlightenment, a loving understanding of the world.

Attachments

• hierophant3.jpg
    hierophant3.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 80

serenaserendipity

temperlyne...

your hierophant is simply beautiful!

it's gorgeous and lovely, and although i know as an artist its easy to be hard on yourself, i don't think you ****d it up at all!

the golden paint is so warm and radiant...

it gives a new depth to the hierophant...

sincerely,
serendipity

mythos

Definitely way too hard on yourself. I understand that .... but jeepers girl, you know how absolutely terrible a painting can look mid-process, and then that thing which has no name happens and suddenly the painting transforms itself - via you - into a brilliant piece of work which you look at and can't quite belief that you created it.

And he does not look like a clown - and gold is ... well ... perfect. I love it.

mythos:)

Sidhe-Ra

It's gorgeous- you have NOTHING to worry about! He does not look like a clown. Although he does look rather like captain Jean-luc Picard- not a bad thing! :) You're onto a winner- it's very brave of you to share your process, thank you so much!

temperlyne

Thank you all so very much for the support! I am still new to this "being an artist" thing and the insecurity of not knowing how a piece will look when it is finished sometimes just gets to me. I really believe creating a deck can catapult me into a new stage of my life, it is teaching me so much!

A friend of mine said the other day that I should not worry too much about this deck, since it is only my first. That got me thinking... and I guess he was right, creating tarot is something I will never finish doing. With each card I finish I get new ideas for old ones. This for me will be a neverending process of learning en expressing. Now I started on this journey I will never end it.

The hierophant and I are still struggling to define our relationship. He welcomes me in his loving arms, asking me to trust him and embrace tradition. But I am hesitant, I want to love him but am afraid if I embrace him I might never get to see the real light except through him. This feeling is blocking my intuition and inspiration and I proceed very slowly in finishing him. What a complicated and difficult card to get my mind and brush around... I love how confronting this process is!

Attachments

• hierophant6a.jpg
    hierophant6a.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 79

temperlyne

whooohooo!

I just finished my painting of the hierophant and what a relief it was! I haven't had time yet to add him to my website so I've attached a crappy photoshot, I hope you like him.

Every card I paint somehow ends up having a different style. I suppose this is in part because I am learning to paint while creating these cards, but also because I see every card individually. I do not see this deck as a whole yet, I just delve into each individual card and see where it takes me, what image comes to mind. I have no set theme, in fact nothing is set for this deck. I just let the cards guide and teach me....

Attachments

• hierophant9.jpg
    hierophant9.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 89