Using tarot cards before a storm or during a storm?

RiverRunsDeep

Thanks for bringing this thread back; it is an interesting question. In my region, we sometimes have thunderstorms during the changeable weather of autumn and spring. Most often, though, our thunderstorms occur during the summer months. I don't believe thunderstorms heighten the energy of the cards, but they do heighten my mood for card reading. For me, storms create an atmosphere that is conducive to reading the cards.

Calayvie

Interesting, I didn't know there was a thing about reading cards during a thunderstorm.
I must say though, I agree with Riversrundeep, that the energy does feel conducive to reading cards. Storms are awesome, so powerful, and the energy is so strong. It stirs something inside of me.

I created a spread to do during thunderstorms, but I don't know how to link to it! Its in the spread sections and its called Thunderstorm spread if anyone is interested. (Damn I feel like I'm advertising! Sorry!)

Sent from my R5 using Tapatalk

Tarot4Change

It looks like many of us feel there is something to a storm that adds energy in some way or another. I've never tried it, but I wonder if the same is true with other natural things high in energy such as waterfalls or the like.

violetdaisy

I don't know about tarot during a storm, I get quite fidgety and amorous....I don't think I could concentrate. :)

magicjack

I think it's a great time to read the cards. This thread reminded me of a 1960s movie called Seance on a Wet Afternoon. Great movie.

bonebeach

It looks like many of us feel there is something to a storm that adds energy in some way or another. I've never tried it, but I wonder if the same is true with other natural things high in energy such as waterfalls or the like.

I'm also a big fan of tarot at the beach. But again, I'm in Florida, so thunderstorm and beaches are very regular features. If I lived in Colorado I'd probably be like, "yeah, I love reading cards on mountains." ;)

Morwenna

I don't think I've ever paid attention to the weather when I feel like reading (except, of course, as it would affect us reading at an outdoor event). Maybe I should.

canid

I've never paid attention either, but it sounds fun! I love thunderstorms. Or how about midnight, the 'witching hour'? Although, it's always midnight somewhere, eh?

Morwenna

I've never paid attention either, but it sounds fun! I love thunderstorms. Or how about midnight, the 'witching hour'? Although, it's always midnight somewhere, eh?

Like the New Year's Eve party we went to ages ago where every hour on the hour (and the half-hour for Newfoundland) we drank a toast to wherever it was midnight? :)

I'm beginning to wonder if the time of day would make a difference: midnight, yes, but also noon, sunrise, and sundown. Some cultures start the day at other times than midnight, so it would make sense. Would it differ according to the topic of the reading?

Regarding thunderstorms, on reflection I think I'd be too distracted, especially if the storm were very close. A distant rumble might not bother me, I don't know. I'll have to try it out someday.

Gwynydd

I've had some amazing meditation experiences during storms. I haven't tried reading cards at that time but I think I'd love it! I will try it when I can