Interesting Venetian mask with tarot cards

GracefulWendigo

That's pretty ****ing gorgeous actually. It'd be so dope to wear for a Harlequin cosplay. Use a tarot deck as my weapon.. pfft.

Zephyros

It really is gorgeous. I wonder what deck they used, if it is a real deck at all.

seedcake

I think it is one of the historical decks. Mask is really beautiful.

smw

It is beautiful, kind of sinister though. I would have to cover it at nighttime, otherwise something might look out while my back was turned :laugh:

ncharge

A dear friend bought me a venetian mask when she visited venice many, many years ago. It, too, has tarot cards and it reminded her of me. Yes, people swear they see eyes looking out of it sometimes. It has an energy of its own. Almost sentient.

smw

A dear friend bought me a venetian mask when she visited venice many, many years ago. It, too, has tarot cards and it reminded her of me. Yes, people swear they see eyes looking out of it sometimes. It has an energy of its own. Almost sentient.

Almost sentient... that captures the sense of being on the verge of something, not quite there but forming.:eek:

EvaSegovia

Aaaahhhhh..... That is SO AWESOME!!! I'll have to file that one to memory... Maybe use it as inspiration one day. Thanks so much for sharing it!

ncharge

I have attached a photo of the mask and a close-up of the tarot cards depicted on the mask. This mask has been hung in whatever room houses my tarot for more than 10 years.

Attachments

• Venetian Mask.jpg
    Venetian Mask.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 143
  • Closeup.JPG
    Closeup.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 151

MizGrace

It is beautiful, kind of sinister though. I would have to cover it at nighttime, otherwise something might look out while my back was turned :laugh:

was thinking similar.rather lovely but dont want it in my home. I do have a mini one with green on it from venice was a thrift find. That stays in my drawer mostly as I find its a little spooky. funny ive been sketching masks recently after finding mine.lovely find!

ncharge its strange to say but the mask looks happy like a watcher who is happy to help when you read. looks like it found the right home for it.