Index: Pictures of Trimmed Decks

Asher

Oooooooh!!!

LOVE the trimmed Wormweird deck! It really brings the art to the forefront & looks like it's a much better size for shuffling. Bravo for being brave enough to do it!

Asher

Nightgarden

Thank you, Asher!
I think about it a week long, because I had so much trouble to get it.
But it's so much better now-the broken corners are gone and it's easier to shuffle.

Hedera

trimmed Deviant Moon

I trimmed my Deviant Moon as soon as I received it - and it looks great, and is SO much easier to shuffle!

I kept the coloured borders on, because I like them; this has the disadvantage of keeping the copyright notice as well though, so I might still trim them off eventually.

Corners are rounded (be warned; my downstairs neighbour thought I was tapping out SOS-distress signals when I was cornering a deck one evening!), and I've left the titles on.

Hm, I'm not entirely sure how to attach a file (any tips?), so for now, here are the links to the pictures:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/danndelion/dm2.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/danndelion/dm1.jpg

pippi

Oh, they look great, Hedera! I'll add them to the index now... Thanks! :)

LOL@ the SOS signals!! :laugh:

ETA: I'm pretty sure you have to be a subscriber to be able to attach photos.

Crescent

OMG!! I know what I am doing this weekend!!!! I going to attempt to trim Druidcraft, Victorian Romantic, Bohemian and possibly Llewellyn.
I can hear my decks yelling.... trim me!! LOL

I have a paper cutter, you know, the one with the long arm, where you place the paper and then just hack it off with one fell swoop. Im thinking that will be perfect for me, instead of scissors.

What an incredible difference with all the cards that have been trimmed. This thread has been an eye opener for me.

Kudos to all of you.... What a stupendous job!

willowfox

I have just trimmed my Druidcraft and rounded all the corners, tomorrow I shall do my Robin Wood and RWS.

I have found an excellent solution to the trimming problem, take the cards to your nearest printer because they will have one of those giant paper cutting machines. They trimmed my cards in less than 5 minutes as the machine can cut a whole deck in one go and it is spot on accurate. Cost: about a $1 for one deck.

Crescent

willowfox said:
I have just trimmed my Druidcraft and rounded all the corners, tomorrow I shall do my Robin Wood and RWS.

I have found an excellent solution to the trimming problem, take the cards to your nearest printer because they will have one of those giant paper cutting machines. They trimmed my cards in less than 5 minutes as the machine can cut a whole deck in one go and it is spot on accurate. Cost: about a $1 for one deck.

Wow! I never thought of that. I used scissors and did Llewellyn, Druidcraft, Goddess, and Ancient Feminine wisdom decks.. I also think I did another, who remembers? LOL
Anyway, they all came out good... and my thumb was numb and tingling for 2 weeks following the trimming.

AJ

I trimmed my Deviant the day I got it too, but I think I noted it in the DM thread.

Willowfox, brilliant idea for anyone short of time or with hand problems. I found that trimming my decks is another way to really enjoy a deck, it's about an hour and a half project (I'll bet there are people here at AT who haven't spent that much time with ANY of their decks). Looking at each card from 4 different viewpoints gives a lot more thoughtful insight into the card's possible meanings too.

Carry on everyone :)

Le Fanu

willowfox said:

Mmmm... not sure I would trust somebody in a printer with a giant cutting machine. You might have been lucky, but it would be so easy for it not to be spot-on and then what could they do?

Say sorry, I suppose. Then what? :(

Hooked on TdM

I just trimmed the Classic Tarot by LS. I cut off those horrible key words in multi-languages up the side. I did bring it to a printer to be done. They did a beautiful job! They use an industrial cutter that has a big clamp that comes down and holds everything in place. One cut! It only cost $6 Canadian.

The first three are trimmed and have all the corners rounded with my corner rounder. The second three are only trimmed. (My corner rounded makes bigger rounds.) As you can see it totally screws up the back but I don't care! Anything is better than those awful keywords! Sorry I forgot to take a scan of what they look like before.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii23/BBwolfie/Tarot/scan0002.jpg

Untrimmed: http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii23/BBwolfie/Tarot/scan0003.jpg
(I missed one! Back to the printers on Monday! LOL)

Hooked