Grand tableau advice for me and you ...

Teheuti

Thanks for the link. It is very similar to how Andy Boroveshengra used to teach the Grand Tableau.

I've seen a couple of people who read with very elaborate systems and orders. One woman I know divides the Grand Tableau in squares with astrological components to each House. She has a two year course for learning her system. Some emphasize mirroring everything. Others focus on counting cards. Yet others simply read the cards in sequence from position 1 through 36 as a kind of continuous story. There's no way you can do it all! Periodically I try out a new variation but then find myself falling back on whatever has tended to work best in the past. By trying new things I always have options available for when I get stuck.

Sharla

I've seen a couple of people who read with very elaborate systems and orders. One woman I know divides the Grand Tableau in squares with astrological components to each House. She has a two year course for learning her system. Some emphasize mirroring everything. Others focus on counting cards. Yet others simply read the cards in sequence from position 1 through 36 as a kind of continuous story. There's no way you can do it all! Periodically I try out a new variation but then find myself falling back on whatever has tended to work best in the past. By trying new things I always have options available for when I get stuck.

Yes ive read about the reading every 5 card system to make a story but i don't think i could introduce the astrological houses just yet that would keep me up all night lol. I have done the mirroring, but yes just like you say trying new things and seeing what fits with you as a reader and seeing what works for you is the best thing.
Theres even something ive come across during my GRAND research, about removing every so many cards and making a new reading, OMG what next ?

Amanda

what message is the loop or chain supposed to give, do you know?

Teheuti

Theres even something ive come across during my GRAND research, about removing every so many cards and making a new reading, OMG what next ?
I believe that you are referring to counting cards - by 5, 7, 9, 12 or variations among these. And do you count in a single direction or do you count "in every direction" as one old cartomancy book recommends? This becomes even more complicated since there are so many different techniques for counting cards. You can read the "counted" cards in place or you can remove them to make a line that you read separately.

Amanda

I use it as a summing up at the end of the reading.

Great! I was thinking it seemed like a summary as well. I'll keep this in mind next time I do a GT. :)

Lee

Here is the order of operations that I utilize, which I saved from another member here a few years ago. It is not the 9X4 though. But there might be some helpful information here for you to help you make your way through a GT in an orderly fashion.
Moderator note:

The author and copyright holder of the document in question has requested its removal from posting, so I've done so.

-- Lee, Lenormand Moderator

Sar

i believe the cards are like the "what", and the houses are like "where". So fox in house of dog would show there's something shady going on with your friends.

Hmm, haven't thought of it like this, but it makes perfect sense.