"Falling" Swords 5,4,3,2

QueenLove

Please help me interpret a spread I created. I'm new, and so I usually ask the cards for a relationship forecast over the next 12mo by 3 mo increments. This time, I had an impulse to ask for a 6mo. instead. I shuffled and drew 5 of swords (3mo position), 3 of swords reversed (6mo position). I shuffled and asked the relationship outcome, 4 of SW rx. I shuffled again and asked how person X would feel about the outcome, 2 SW rx.

What struck me is the impulse to start at 6, then the descending "falling" swords...5, 4rx, 3rx, 2rx. And all of the cards are swords for a relationship question. Turmoil? Strife? Conflict?

Should I interpret this overview as conflict ending or the relationship ending?

For the forecast, I think it means that there will be conflict due to selfishness (5), and that the relationship may be ending (3rx) within the next 6mo if no changes are made. This outcome, (4rx) would cause unrest to one or both parties, but neither will show their pain, leaving person X feeling lonely unbalanced (2rx) (half of a pair).

I'm using the Lover's Path, so the depictions of swords are represented by arrows, and the story of Cupid & Psyche. The 3rx, for instance, doesn't look like "swords falling out", but the broad side of the arrow's points anchor the arrows in the heart. The five is gendered, man leaving, woman collecting arrows. The four shows one arrow above a resting couple. the woman's facing up, man down...reversed, the arrow might impale them, but certainly him first.

I get an image of 300's final scenes where so many arrows fall upon the soldiers that the raining arrows blot out the sun. Are the descending numbers relevant? Is the relationship on a countdown? Are the conflicts lessening? How should I interpret this?

Grizabella

I just think it's meaningful that the cards were all Swords. It seems to me that with all cards being Swords that would put emphasis on the other three suits being absent. It appears to me that that would be quite significant since the passion, emotion and desire suits aren't there. I don't know if that helps or not but it's a thought, anyway. :)

I came back to add that it does seem like there's a significance to the descending numbers and all being Swords. I'm not sure what the significance would be, though.

QueenLove

I just think it's meaningful that the cards were all Swords. It seems to me that with all cards being Swords that would put emphasis on the other three suits being absent. It appears to me that that would be quite significant since the passion, emotion and desire suits aren't there. I don't know if that helps or not but it's a thought, anyway. :)

I came back to add that it does seem like there's a significance to the descending numbers and all being Swords. I'm not sure what the significance would be, though.

Thanks so much Grizabella,

I do think that there's something to the lack of other suits too. I also think that the descending swords may be losing interest in that person. Perhaps having nothing left to say? Someone else posted about reversals being that which the querent is not yet knowledgable of. I think that stands to reason since the three reversals were in the future position.

If swords are thoughts/knowledge that we collect, then falling swords could be reverting back to more individualistic thinking rather than thinking as the collective. Or it could be the swords being pulled out of the back of the 10 of swords man. I'm not sure that they would make him any less gravely injured, but there's something rhythmic about that descent...like a tide rolling out, and only the wet sand is left to show that the ocean had ever been there. Only, this is air. So once that's sucked out, the room collapses. Or maybe I'm just being dramatic. *shrugs*