Deck backcover coming off

NamasteIndia

I have a Rider Waite Deck.

The backpaper of all the cards are peeling off. I used glue, fevicol to stick them back but
its still not properly getting attached

I think i have to stop using this deck altogether

Zephyros

It might be some issue with a specific edition or printing. What deck do you have?

Tanga

Wow - yes sounds like you need a new one.
It seems odd - as Zephyros says, some issue with printing?

gregory

I have several and none of mine are coming apart... Has it got damp at all ?

NamasteIndia

can u see the images i uploaded???
i got the Rider Waite Deck. Its around 7 years old

It cost me 850INR and i had kept it in a cloth wrapped and then placed
it in a wooden box

It was not damp or anything

Even i had bought a Angels Oracle deck which
was real poor quality. Doreen Virtue Deck printed in China

The cards started sticking on each other and had to keep
separating them

gregory

I have never seen anything like that in my life - how horrid for you ! But there may be more humidity than you think, if your DV cards stuck together as well. Too late for your Waite deck - but can you get those little packets of silica that are put in with some things when they are mailed, and keep one in the box with each deck you have ? I have a nasty feeling this may keep happening. I remember India as very humid when I was there a while ago, and humidity can get everywhere :(

NamasteIndia

I have never seen anything like that in my life - how horrid for you ! But there may be more humidity than you think, if your DV cards stuck together as well. Too late for your Waite deck - but can you get those little packets of silica that are put in with some things when they are mailed, and keep one in the box with each deck you have ? I have a nasty feeling this may keep happening. I remember India as very humid when I was there a while ago, and humidity can get everywhere :(

ok so silica is to control humidity. i will search for it and keep it with my decks.

basically i think these decks quality is poor and since they are manufactured poorly they give away in couple of years

The RW deck i was using regularly for doing reading exchange on AT.

The cost is the same though the manufacturer is gaining by printing them in some 3rd world country.

illyria

Like gregory, I've never seen this happen! I live in the Philippines—the humidity here can be debilitating, too, but my cards are still intact. I have a feeling that even if you glue the front and back parts of the card together, they'll still curl up. I'm so sorry; surely this deck must be valuable to you.

DDwarks

I've never seen anything like that either. How very bizarre???
I would personally buy myself another one I think this one is pretty much done with.
Keep it though, you did love it afterall x
Rice is good at absorbing humidity too. If you find it difficult to get hold of some silica bags like Gregory suggested, some dry rice in you box could do the trick until then x