2 Astrology Questions

Minderwiz

I'll try and explain (all positions are given to the nearest degree)

When I posted the last reply the Sun was at 25 degrees Taurus (to the nearest degree). If we use the equal House system, your first House begins at 17 degrees Sagittarius (your Ascendant to the nearest degree) so the second House begins at 17 Capricorn,

The third at 17 Aquarius
The fourth at 17 Pisces
The fifth at 17 Aries
The sixth at 17 Taurus
The seventh at 17 Gemini
The eighth at 17 Cancer
The ninth at 17 Leo
The tenth at 17 Virgo
The eleventh at 17 Libra
The twelfth at 17 Scorpio

So the transiting Sun at 25 Taurus falls into the sixth House and your natal sun at 13 Virgo falls into the ninth House.

If we use Whole Sign Houses, the House signs remain the same but they begin at 0 degrees, i.e. your first is 0 Sagittarius, your sixth 0 Taurus, your ninth 0 Leo and your tenth 0 Virgo.

So the transiting Sun would still fall in your sixth, but your natal Sun would be in your tenth (the tenth sign, counting from Sagittarius, inclusive). The difference clearly being due to the different starting points in terms of degrees.

So for each of these two systems, the signs mark the Houses, in the Equal House system, at 30 degree intervals starting at the Ascendant degree. In the Whole Sign system, the Houses are co-incident with the Signs, but starting at the Sign in which the Ascendant falls. So in your case your Ascendant at 17 Sagittarius means that the whole of Sagittarius forms your first House, and if any planet fell in Sagittarius it would be in your first House, irrespective of its degree. Thus all your Virgo planets are in your tenth House, no matter what their degree, Your Libra Mars is in your eleventh House, etc.

The transiting Sun has now moved on to 0 Gemini, so whilst it's still in the sixth House using the Equal House system (and will be till it reaches 17 degrees Gemini) in the Whole Sign system it's moved into your seventh House.

Have a think about the two systems and see if you can understand the differences in terms of your own chart. Get back to me if you still have problems.

poivre

Thank you :)

OMG after I get done screaming :D

I have a table set with a roll of paper on it where
I study to understand this, with big diagrams...

I feel like I've got the right time but at the wrong airport! :D

poivre

Finally I got the Sun placement. I kept going back to Virgo not
Sagittarius. No wonder I'm exhausted! :(

Now I'm going to try to figure the tenth and eleventh and then I'll feel
like I accomplished something this past month.

Thanks for your patience.

Anyways... I understand
lots by doing things wrong so when I do finally get it...should go quickly.

Minderwiz said:
Thus all your Virgo planets are in your tenth House, no matter what their degree, Your Libra Mars is in your eleventh House, etc.

poivre

I've attached a copy of your chart and we can talk about the Houses in a later post - please note the time is in Universal Time.

post #10 has my chart & I don't know how to move it with the quote, sorry.

I have Jupiter in Scorpio in house 11

with Saturn in Scorpio... will I be having a difficult time?

I'm still digging away at my charts and thinking that Jupiter expands and
Saturn restricts and 11 natal house... lots of discipline with expanded groups
of people???
I may not even be on the same page as everyone else! :D

Thanks for any help :)