2 Astrology Questions

poivre

Everything is correct except the location which I don't think
that matters ???

Thanks for your time. I have had charts done before but never
understood how to go from the natal to what is going on now.

Minderwiz

poivre said:
Everything is correct except the location which I don't think
that matters ???

Thanks for your time. I have had charts done before but never
understood how to go from the natal to what is going on now.

There's quite a bit of practical error in the approximation. The quoted MC and ASC were to the nearest minute and that means that the derived latitude and longitude are themselves subject to similar errors. If you look at an area on the Earth's surface of 1 minute of arc x 1minute of arc, you have a sizeable area.

I've done a chart to show where the planets are currently in terms of your chart (I've kept my original here as it's near enough). The inner ring of planets are those at birth and the outer ring is where they are now.

If you have any further questions about houses or the construction or a chart (or anything else) please feel free to ask :)

Attachments

• poivre transits.jpg
    poivre transits.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 97

poivre

I'm going to print off the two charts and look them over today.

I don't understand about not all houses in quadrant systems
are 30 degrees...thinking this is probably too much information
for me at this time.

Have a nice day...
I'll probably be back...
later on, I've got to study this thread
and my charts.

Have a great day!
poivre
:)

Minderwiz

poivre said:
I'm going to print off the two charts and look them over today.

I don't understand about not all houses in quadrant systems
are 30 degrees...thinking this is probably too much information
for me at this time.

Have a great day!
poivre

I'll try and show that using your natal details and very simple maths (to avoid any mind blowing but also to remain faithful to the principles involved).

Now Dave will kill me for using a 2 dimensional simplification of 3 dimensional space but the spherical geometry for this explanation doesn't add anything vital.

Your MC is 9 Li 40 - to save brainpower, let's call that 10 Libra.
Your ASC is 16 Sa 56, again to save brainpower we'll call that 17 Sagittarius.

Now in 2 dimensional form your chart is a circle. Conventionally the Zodiac starts at 0 degrees Aries, so converting 10 Libra into 360 degree format, we get 190 degrees. (6 signs of 30 degrees each +10 degrees)

17 Sagittarius is 257 degrees (8 signs of 30 degrees each + 17 degrees)

The difference between the MC and the Ascendant is 67 degrees. This is the quadrant comprising the 12th, 11th and 10th Houses. If we divide this into three equal houses, each house of these 3 is 22.33 degrees wide.

Now look at the 1st, 2nd and 3rd houses. These lie between the Ascendant and the IC (opposite the MC). The IC is 10 Aries (using our rounded figures). The distance in degrees from the Ascendant (17 Sagittarius) to the IC is 113 degrees (13 degrees to 0 Capricorn - then 3 signs of 30 degrees each and then an additional 10 degrees in Aries).

113 degrees divided into 3 equal parts gives us 37.67 degrees each. So Houses 1,2 and 3 are larger than houses 10, 11 and 112.

Houses 4, 5 and 6 are obtained by drawing straight lines across the circle from the MC, 11th and 12th cusps, so they too are 22.33 degrees wide and houses 7, 8 and 9 are likewise obtained by drawing straight lines from the Ascendant, 2nd and 3rd Cusps and they are thus also 37.67 degrees wide.

So we have two different widths of houses in your (simplified) quadrant chart and that's what's meant by 'unequal' houses.

It's not necessary to actually calculate the intermediate house cusps to see that they are not equal but as an exercise I calculate them anyway just to see how they differ from the more complex calculations for the Placidus cusps

The 'Minderwiz' cusps are:

1st - 16.56 Sagittarius
2nd - 24:31 Capricorn
3rd - 02.05 Pisces
4th - 09.40 Aries
5th - 02.05 Taurus
6th - 24.21 Taurus
7th - 16.56 Gemini
8th - 24.31 Cancer
9th - 03,05 Virgo
10th - 09.40 Libra
11th - 02.05 Scorpio
12th - 24.31 Scorpio

Now these share the same Ascendant, Descendant, MC and IC as with the Placidus (and other quadrant systems) chart but differ on the others (the so called intermediate house cusps). However the pattern is the same, with the 10th, 11th, 12th and 4th, 5th and 6th Houses are the smaller ones.

Sadly I can't claim that the Minderwiz cusps are a brand new House system, they are actually the exact same cusps that you get with the Porphry House system and that was invented some 2,000 years ago and is probably the oldest quadrant system still exisiting.

poivre

This will take time for me to understand it...
I'll try over the weekend. I have to have the
right time, or it's a waste of time trying to
learn.

Thanks for all your insights. :)

Minderwiz

poivre said:
This will take time for me to understand it...
I'll try over the weekend. I have to have the
right time, or it's a waste of time trying to
learn.

Thanks for all your insights. :)

Take your time now - I've covered all your initial questions plus the follow up but as you work your way through, you may have new questions. Make a note of those, re-read the answers several times, as you might find that that brings more understanding and then if you need to come back with any outstanding questions.

The complexity in House systems comes through trying to have the MC as the cusp of the tenth House - if you drop that requirement, it's easy to establish a simple but effective way of reading natal charts.

poivre

Minderwiz said:
I've attached a copy of your chart and we can talk about the Houses in a later post - please note the time is in Universal Time.

Hello...help please! :D

I have been studying and trying...honestly. :)

Now if I have
Sun Mercury Venus Mars and Pluto in my 9th house natal
(in whatever system I don't know :confused: )

the Sun now is in my 9th house and
Mercury Venus Mars are getting ready to move from
my 8th house into my 9th house...
does this mean I'm going to have some conflicts while
these planets start moving through?

Planets will be conjuct my natal planets... is this correct?

Thanks
poivre

I may be wrong but I think I have this right.

Minderwiz

Asssuming your question is hypothetical, then you are correct, you would be due to experience transits by conjunction of your natal planets, including in this case your solar return, and returns for Mercury, Venus and Mars.

However, as you have a Virgo Sun and the Sun is currently in Taurus, the Sun is currently not transiting your ninth - it's actually just entered your sixth house. The other three are in your fourth house. Mars is about half the speed of Mercury and Venus (and the Sun) so it will not transit your ninth at the same time as Sun, Mercury and Venus.

poivre

Minderwiz said:
Asssuming your question is hypothetical, then you are correct, you would be due to experience transits by conjunction of your natal planets, including in this case your solar return, and returns for Mercury, Venus and Mars.

However, as you have a Virgo Sun and the Sun is currently in Taurus, the Sun is currently not transiting your ninth - it's actually just entered your sixth house. The other three are in your fourth house. Mars is about half the speed of Mercury and Venus (and the Sun) so it will not transit your ninth at the same time as Sun, Mercury and Venus.

I have to go back to the degrees...
think this is where I'm wrong :confused:
and understand what you are saying :)

poivre

Minderwiz said:

:( not to to sound dumb but

how do you find the Sun in my sixth house?

Would this be all done by the degrees instead of equal houses?

Gees I don't even know if I'm doing all of this right! :D