BBC getting harder to find

Celice

Altena said:
Speaking of which, does anyone know specifically where I can get a hold of the second edition(this is the one with the cream border, not the floral one, right)? I do have the kit with the floral borders and the gold edition, but it would be nice to have the last one as well :)

I've also been keeping my eye out for the second edition, but no luck. Every time I see it, it's around $100. After seeing how those prices turned out I think it's a good idea for anyone that doesn't have this deck to get a copy before they run out.

I think the first edition will probably end up going up in price just like the second edition.

Le Fanu

Altena said:
Speaking of which, does anyone know specifically where I can get a hold of the second edition(this is the one with the cream border, not the floral one, right)?
*splutter*

(No chance....)

nisaba

Le Fanu said:
*splutter*

(No chance....)
Aha!

Le Fanu's place!

Quick! Lisbon, everyone! He's concealing secret copies with malice aforethought!

zan_chan

Hasn't Baba said that there's a good chance of the BBC being reprinted in the style of the 2nd edition? Doesn't seem worth the trouble to go after a 2nd ed. if that's the case. The 1st edition however...

Le Fanu

zan_chan said:
Hasn't Baba said that there's a good chance of the BBC being reprinted in the style of the 2nd edition? Doesn't seem worth the trouble to go after a 2nd ed. if that's the case. The 1st edition however...
Very true.. One day we will all be begging for floral border editions.

Sadly Nisaba, not the case for me. I don't have the 2nd edition, only the 1st and Gold edition. It always amazes me that the Gold comes up in trading much, much more than the borderless 2nd edition. I find that so strange. As though there were hardly any copies of the 2nd edition printed.

But I am contented with my 2 editions; the Gold is essentially a more luxurious version of the 2nd edition anyway...

baba-prague

Le Fanu said:
Very true.. One day we will all be begging for floral border editions.

Sadly Nisaba, not the case for me. I don't have the 2nd edition, only the 1st and Gold edition. It always amazes me that the Gold comes up in trading much, much more than the borderless 2nd edition. I find that so strange. As though there were hardly any copies of the 2nd edition printed.

But I am contented with my 2 editions; the Gold is essentially a more luxurious version of the 2nd edition anyway...

There were actually quite a lot of second editions printed. So it's a bit curious really. It may just be to do with the fact that we didn't sell out of the Gold editions until comparatively recently, so some are still being traded and so on? I can't really think of any other reason.

gregory

Marcia959 said:
*withdrawing dress color post* =)
I didn't mention it.

But I harbour thoughts :(

Moona

Celice said:
I never would have thought cats in clothes would be my thing but...

That´s what I have been thinking every time BBC has been praised here, but little by little it has been raising my interest. Maybe I need to act now before it´s too late. The deck is still available here in some stores (?) and the price is reasonable...

tarotmama

Moona said:
That´s what I have been thinking every time BBC has been praised here, but little by little it has been raising my interest. Maybe I need to act now before it´s too late. The deck is still available here in some stores (?) and the price is reasonable...

That was my initial reaction to this deck too, but now that I have it I find it's one of my most readable decks. It also is a good deck for clients who are nervous about tarot. The cats are disarmingly charming, but very emotive.

gregory

Moona said:
Hurry. You won't regret it - and anyway, it will resell just like that !