BBC getting harder to find

strings of life

^ I agree about The Moon image.

I think that the BBC Cats and The Fantastic Managerie are going to be the sleeper MRP decks that end up being very collectable. Watch. And, I'll save my thoughts about the other deck I mentioned; it's one of my favorite reading decks ;).

missy

Moona said:
That´s what I have been thinking every time BBC has been praised here, but little by little it has been raising my interest. Maybe I need to act now before it´s too late. The deck is still available here in some stores (?) and the price is reasonable...

Grab it NOW! ;) :heart: If this is your first Magic Realist Press deck, you may find yourself as I did rapidly trying to acquire the other available decks. Sadly, I have not yet found the Victorian Romantic or the Bohemian Gothic. But I have NOT given up HOPE that somewhere out there is the perfect deck for me! :love: :heart:

BUT as for the Cats ... I, too, thought they wouldn't be readable, that it would just be a "cute" deck to have because I have cats. But when I received my BBC kit (the book is well worth having!) I quickly discovered that it is an AMAZING, and I do mean AMAZING reading deck. :party:

By AMAZING, I mean for me on a magical level. On some deep level. I turn over cards and they are the perfect cards. Everything makes sense. This deck reads. It is a working deck. It is also very relatable for people who may be afraid of decks like the Rider-Waite-Smith (RWS). Sometimes traditional tarot decks are too scary for some. But they see a deck with cats on it and it relaxes them. Wish we had a cat emoticon on here ... :D *insert cat emoticon here* :D

People have said the cats have facial expressions and I thought, nah, they couldn't have expressions. But they do! :D And really, this deck is almost magickal the way it reads for me. And yes, it is cats in clothing, and yes, it reads remarkably well. And the frilly borders are so CUTE. They are an added bonus. They add character to the deck.

Absolutely, positively, go out immediately and FIND ONE. If you do not like it for some reason (and I'll bet you will like it!) you can always trade/sell it.

And it will put you in the worst way for wanting more baba decks ... :eek: :party:

Celice

Wow Missy that was some great enabling, if I didn't already have the BBC deck I would buy it after reading that! And I totally agree with what you said.

One of their decks that I don't "get" yet is the Fantastic Menagerie, but I bought it because I'm afraid it would be out of print by the time I change my mind. I think eventually I just need to spend the time with it and it will probably grow on me if the BBC is any indication!

Hemera

Moona said:
It´s available in suomalainen.com, 17,70 €. (In adlibris. com it was sold out.)

Wow, thanks for the information! That is cheap:bugeyed: Maybe I need a backup:p

Debra

Celice said:
One of their decks that I don't "get" yet is the Fantastic Menagerie, but I bought it because I'm afraid it would be out of print by the time I change my mind. I think eventually I just need to spend the time with it and it will probably grow on me if the BBC is any indication!

On the advice of another member, I've been using it for family readings. It's fantastic for that. Granville's drawings are perfect portraits of our extended families. Including the crocodiles, the icky insects, and the confused sheep :D

zan_chan

Celice said:

Definitely stick with the Fantastic Menagerie, Celice. The BBC reads well and good, but of all the Baba decks, the FM is the one I'd pick if I could only have one of them. It's interesting, it's fun, and, to me, far and away the most intuitive of the Baba decks. I really do think that despite all the VR/BG hoopla these days, eventually the FM and the Fairytale will be the truly sought after Babas.

Moona

I have been trying to stay out of the enabling thread lately, but now I´m enabled here! I just ordered the Cats. I couldn´t have believed this a couple of days ago. At least this is a very cute addition to my collection. :)

gregory

missy said:
Sadly, I have not yet found the Victorian Romantic or the Bohemian Gothic.
BoHoGo is to be reprinted... there is a thread.

missy

gregory said:
BoHoGo is to be reprinted... there is a thread.

Yes - sorry! I meant I want to get a first edition Bohemian Gothic. They always have changes and whatnot ... so it would be nice to have the first edition. :)

Le Fanu

Debra said:
On the advice of another member, I've been using it for family readings. It's fantastic for that. Granville's drawings are perfect portraits of our extended families. Including the crocodiles, the icky insects, and the confused sheep :D
So true. There is so much character in these images. I love this deck. You can just hear the chatter and shrieks.