Ultimate Tarot Book?

heathwitch

HI there,

When re-reading Seventy-Eight Degrees of Wisdom last night, I got to wondering what other tarotists count as their "ultimate" book on tarot.

So, come on -- tell me. What would you count as your "ultimate" book? I'm curious! :)

jmd

78 unbound cardboard pages with specific imagery.

Mariana

jmd said:
But then the question remains: which version / by which author? :)

I loved 'Forest of Souls', but I wouldn't call it the ultimate book in the sense of covering everything you need...

gregory

What do you feel you need ?

IN my case, Paul Huson's Mystical Origins of the Tarot. But I have no doubt that isn't what you mean.... We all have different needs ! that's the real issue !

fyreflye

Robert Wang's The Qabalistic Tarot: A Textbook of Mystical Philosophy.
As others have said, no one size fits all; but I can't imagine being without this book.

The crowned one

Actually I reach for my Tarot journal first when I need a reference. It is a culmination of all I have read and discovered, and I always seem to agree with the auther...me.

PeterS

My Ulitmate Reference

I have to say that the first thing that really helped me to grasp the meaning and the structure of the Tarot is Rachel Pollacks 78 degrees. I still reach for it often but not as much as I used to.

I have to agree that the more I read and build my journal the more I tend to go to it. In it I have worked out so many things like numberology, court cards, and reversals that works for me and when I need to refresh my memory I go back to it.

Yet, I am still always learning and not the Special Topics in Tarot series is invaluable. I love Mary Greer's work on reversals, court cards and the new 21 ways to read a tarot card.

ZenMusic

the only two books I'd ever need are

>Robert Wang: The Qabalistic Tarot
>Crowley: Book of Thoth

plus a lifetime (or two) of study.

Papageno

jmd said:

:laugh: good one jmd

The Tarot Desk Reference is my personal favorite:

Attachments

• Tarot Desk Reference.jpg
    Tarot Desk Reference.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 233

Bonnie

Ultimate Books

What I value the most in a book is how is opens my mind ... what new worlds it take me into. The books that I would consider "ultimate books" are not necessarily teaching books, although they do teach, in their own way.

My choices are "Thursday Night Tarot" (by Jason Lotterhand, edited by Arisa Victor), and "Women of the Golden Dawn", by Mary Greer.

Blessings,
Bonnie