Ultimate Tarot Book?

Rosanne

I am not sure I could name an 'Ultimate' book on Tarot, but one I have had for years is A Penguin book called The Tarot- The Origins, Meaning and Uses of The Cards. By Alfred Douglas published in 1972. It is well used.
~Rosanne

willowfox

heathwitch said:
What would you count as your "ultimate" book? I'm curious! :)

Is there really such a book in existence? As, I have never found it.

The crowned one

willowfox said:
Is there really such a book in existence? As, I have never found it.

Yes, I own it. And one of the neat things about it.. is its ability to change. My journal ;)

I hear you.

heathwitch

Hi jmd,

jmd said:
78 unbound cardboard pages with specific imagery.

How very true. Thank you. :)

heathwitch

Hi gregory --

gregory said:
What do you feel you need ?

IN my case, Paul Huson's Mystical Origins of the Tarot. But I have no doubt that isn't what you mean.... We all have different needs ! that's the real issue !

It's not a question of what I feel I need right now; I was just curious! LOL :) But I know what you mean; different people will need different teachers/guides at different times -- whether they be books, people, the cards themselves, or even the person's own inner voice.

heathwitch

The crowned one said:
Actually I reach for my Tarot journal first when I need a reference. It is a culmination of all I have read and discovered, and I always seem to agree with the auther...me.

Thanks for that!

heathwitch

Hi All --

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions; I really do appreciate them. There seems to be a wide range of books suggested, as well as personal discovery and interpretation. Thank you!

Blessings,

Heathwitch

Sophie

Apart from my deck of cards? Meditations on Tarot, by Tomberg. This one is so rich, it is an exploration of spirituality - of the essence of life itself! - through the images of the tarot majors.