Anyone familiar with stairs of gold tarot by tavaglione

Aeric

My 'Stairs of Gold' LWB is in English - in that dreadful calligraphy.
I'd love to read it. I hear so much about it but I've always wanted to see that dreadful text for myself.

gregory

Since a lot of the mini versions of decks that come out of Russia with differing backs to the regular versions are pirated decks, I would strongly suspect that that's the case here too.
Oh :(

ETA - well, DAMN. I would put the LWB (English, weird script) in my dropbox. If I could FIND the damn thing...

Morwenna

My 'Stairs of Gold' LWB is in English - in that dreadful calligraphy.

Mine's in English too (actually I like the calligraphy) but I can't scan anything; I could photocopy and snail mail? (I could enlarge the copies)

tarotbear

O.K. - a quickie scans here - random pages:

1) English Stairs of Gold (LWB 2.5 x 5")

2 & 3) Italian Delle Stelle (LWB 3.25 x 6")

Attachments

• Tav - Stairs of Gold.jpg
    Tav - Stairs of Gold.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 128
  • Tav - Delle Stelle 001.jpg
    Tav - Delle Stelle 001.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 111
  • Tav - Delle Stelle 002a.jpg
    Tav - Delle Stelle 002a.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 110

gregory

The whole thing is now in my dropbox. So I can pass it on to those as needs it. English with calligraphy - perfectly legible.

Eremita90

Ok, I'm translating the Ace Cups, just for kicks. :D I don't know why but Tavaglione's use of Italian punctuation is a little f*cked up. At any rate

ACE OF CUPS
Here our Traveller, conscious of his nature of Primal Fire, having become the master of the "Seed", meets the complementary concept-symbol, the Cup is the receptacle(recipient) of the Seed, the welcoming house, the place of its development. The Cup is essentially symbolic of the uterus and therefore of fertility and the loving Feminine, it represents the psyche as well, all the emotions, it is symbolically linked to the Mother and to the Moon as emblematic forms of feminine receptivity.
The Ace of Cups represents also all kinds of love relationship and affection, and therefore marriage, sons, lovers, relatives and friends. It is also linked to health, nutrition and psychic phenomena. The Cup may be associated with all the drinks that give immortality (abrosia, amrita...) through love, symbols of the amniotic fluid where the fetus develops, and which is symbolically represented in many myths and legends as the fountain of youth that regenerates all those who drink from it.
The importance of cups is highlighted in the romantic legend of the Holy Grail, the cup where Joseph of Arimathea put Christ's blood, and that was taken by him to Great Britain, where it gave birth to the cycle of legends on the Knights of the round table; in this legend the Grail represents the Heart of the World.
In this Card too, as well as in the Ace of Wands, a hand issuing from some clouds, on the left, gracefully holds a chalice (offering it), from which four streams of water overflow in a small pond with water lilies and much green all around (life springing from the "liquid"). From the flight of Elevation of the birds/souls, a swan draws near the spring to quench its thirst (the more one is elevated, the more one can afford the purest water). On the left the ANKH, Egyptian symbol of life and regeneration.

Abundance-Water
Root of the Powers of Water
This card, as all the Cups cards, is analogically linked to the element of Water, and therefore with the Alchemical Mercury, and with the "moist initiatic path". In its aspect of container for liquids, the Cup is symbol of loving protection, of the feminine and maternal capability of containing and at the same time protecting. It also shows amity and conviviality, good health, a proof of affection, passion, deep feelings, joy and gaiety. This suit is linked to very understanding and humanitarian people. The Ace of Cups is the root of its cycle-suit. In this card are the roots of powers of Water, liquidity and moisture(wetness?), symbol of Love, Pleasure and Regeneration, exhalted in the Ace by the greater power given to them by the number one.

The Ace of Cups corresponds to the first 10 degrees of Cancer, thus with Venus in the first decanate, with the very sensitive Moon as the ruling planet.
The Ace of Cups is the spiritual principle that deals with the manipulation of "forces" in order to shape them in the Plane of Manifestation, allowing them the choice as to which form to take on, the most appropriate to their nature and to the cosmic law, a form that will have to be ruled by Love, though.
Celestial Spirit of the First Decanate: SOTHIS of the sphere of Venus, of lively and pleasant character, of great friendliness and harmony.
Genie: Leuviah.

@Gregory: I'd love to have a look at it :D

kwaw

Is there any explanation in the lwb as to why, although he uses French attributions, he places them on the tree according to the GD? It seems very odd.

In the lwb he writes only:

About the letter attributions which accord with Levi, Papus et al.,

Letter of the Hebrew alphabet corresponding...to the Arcane as number and as content, with the exception of the letter Shin which corresponds to the number 21 and is on the Arcane number 0 (The Fool).

About the Tree of Life on which he places the cards according to the G.D.,

The Tree of Life, OTZ CHIM, with the indication of the 22 true Ways that connect, card by card, the ten Holy Sephiroth; on the side the names of the two connected Sephiroth.

Maybe he considers one an exoteric attribution and the other the esoteric?