Dinner with Tarotbear

tarotbear

The postman delivers a wet, damaged envelope sealed in a plastic bag. You open up the small envelope with greasy thumbprints and find an invitation inside! Expecting it to be an invitation to the opening of a car wash you open the invitation and scrawled in magic marker you read:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One Night Only: Dinner with Tarotbear

You are hereby invited to attend a dinner and reception with Tarotbear on the next New Moon at 7:30 p.m. This is a closed affair, so please be reminded no invite = no dinner. Suggested dress: come as your favorite Tarot card. Bring your least favorite Tarot deck or Tarot book for the 'Tarot Roast' following the reception.

Single malt scotch and fresh Scottish salmon will begin at 6:45; reception to follow immediately after dinner.

Bonfire courtesy of Dante's Inferno. Fireproof gloves will be provided.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What will you say to Tarotbear when you greet him in the receiving line?

MeeWah

Hail!

First: I like your pre-dinner refreshments best :)

Second: Since I do not at this time have a least favoured deck to roast *but* do have the fixin's for S'mores instead--marshmallows, graham crackers & dark chocolate--will that be ok? & of course have my invite, albeit sorely tried from its travels.

tarotbear

Dear Meewah -

I'll remind the caterer to bring extra long forks for the bonfire.

TB

MeeWah

Ah, a good man thou art :)

[Edited to add *real* question] Having published your first book on Tarot, any news on the second manuscript geared for a male audience?

WolfSpirit

WolfSpirit enters the scene, wearing the colourful robes of the Fferylt (temperance) in the DruidCraft Tarot.
In her purse the Celtic Tarot by Davis, that will be sacrificed for the Tarot Roast. I don't hate the deck - but it adds nothing for me tarot-wise, I never use it, so this is a good way to part with it.
She says to tarotbear:
Nice to meet you at last ! I love your kilt, it is just what I expected / very different from what I expected / real classy / very colourful / so very you
(whatever is most fitting at the moment)
(with pre-dinner refreshments like this, I know it has to be a kilt :))

aja

aja proceeds down the receiving line, thankful that the magnetic/anti-magnetic hair clips are keeping the eight-pointed star delicately positioned over her head whilst being on guard for a microwave that might cause this part of her costume to become a permanent fixture on her head.

“Good evening and thank you for such a lovely gathering. I’ve left a little something for you over in the kitchen”
Tarotbear will later discover a bottle of Oban in a blue bag
“Now, where shall I deposit this “Hello Kitty” deck? Oh, no it’s not mine. Actually I got it especially for this occasion. No, I don’t detest it as such. It’s just that the thought of a mass-marketing omnipresent icon such as Hello Kitty burning in the flames of eternal damnation was just too good NOT to do!”

April

I will come dressed as the Star from the Cosmic Tribe Tarot. If you don't have the appropriate lighting I will have to paint myself blue. And I ask tarotbear, "Where's the keg?" Am I really the kind of people you want at this shindig? Also, can I request a vegetarian meal?

When I saw "Tarot Roast" I thought, "Friars Club" and that I would have to write some material. If that were the case, I would like to roast the Medieval Scapini. But you knew I was going to say that, didn't you, tarotbear?

If we're throwing decks into the fire I will bring the H.R. Giger. Well, actually I'll have to steal one first.

Peace,
April

Eco74

"Hello" I'd say, and curtsy carefully in the three-shaded dress.
Then I'd go on to say "Do mind my dress, it does look a bit messy with the different colors and ribbons and such, but I thought the three of cups in one go would be befitting of this occation."

*steps back and takes a swirl to properly show off the width of the skirts and the fluency of the fabrics, displaying at the same time the somewhat ragamuffinly mixed colors on the laced bodice*
*my hair streams along my back all let down but with occational ribbons to match the dress, green shades on the right side, red and pink in the middle and blue on the left*

*stops twirling and takes a step forward again with a big smile on my face*

"There, all shown off, ribbons and all" I'd say with the smile still gowing strong.
"Oh, and for a deck I brought this promo-thing I got for a snippet and never got to liking. The cards are really just the same one from suit to suit and the courts are near identical through it all. Just no fun at all.. And the back has the word 'tarot' written on it in large letters, as if that would make it all better."
At this point the audience is starting to look rather bored and looking towards the next guest that is coming closer to say their hellos.

*hops off after a final curtsy towards the area of the bonfire looking at the lovely gowns and the folds of Tarotbears kilt*

"So many lovely colors here.." :)

tarotbear

MeeWah said:
Having published your first book on Tarot, any news on the second manuscript geared for a male audience?

"Dear Meewah - if I can kick Bill Greer's ass in gear - maybe I'll actually get the deck he was supposed to create to coordinate with my manuscript."

tarotbear

WolfSpirit said:
Nice to meet you at last ! I love your kilt, it is just what I expected / very different from what I expected / real classy / very colourful / so very you(whatever is most fitting at the moment)

"WolfSpirit - so nice to meet you at last! If you wander over to the purple damask screen in the far corner, there are scotches from distilleries too small to export - try a couple and tell me what you think!"