Vision Quest... Yay or Nay??

Miss Divine

Well it arrived yesterday. It has a chunky LWB indeed and I like it. I didn't expect them to be so glossy, but atleast they will hold up so I'm fine with that. I don't like that they put the copyright on the cards. But atleast on this deck they are on the backs instead of the fronts so I'm fine with that too. The only card I don't like is the Clown (Fool) card. I love it that it has several cards with owls in them since I'm crazy about owls. (A friend of mine has a tame snow owl :heart: ) I have done several readings with it to try them out. This deck delivers exactly what I was looking for... Simple, gentle and to the point readings. It's almost kinda fluffy in a non fluffy way. Also, a very easy deck which can be quite nice at times. I have to say I am happy to have it in my collection. :)

Serenia

Received the Vision Quest yesterday. Didn't expect them to be so glossy tbh. Instead of having the copyright on the front, they're on the backs. Very easy to read cards!

I'm answering your post here in this thread, otherwise my post would be likely to be removed from the postman thread.

I just wanted to mention that the German version is non-glossy, so if this is actually bothering you a lot, this might be an alternative. Since you have the English LWB now, you'd be able to read up on the cards and see which card is which.

(Gosh, sounds like I'm trying to push the German deck on you. That's not my intention. I just know that some people are really bothered by glossy cards, so I thought I'd mention this.)

tarotbear

The LWB states, "This Tarot does not purport to embody the teachings of the Red Way. Nevertheless, it helps us view the events and changes in our lives from a fresh and more profoundly insightful angle."

Wow - does that sound POMPOUS! It sounds like something someone would put in a resume!

The artist of this cartoon probably never heard of this deck:

Attachments

• Vision Quest.jpg
    Vision Quest.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 90

Miss Divine

I'm answering your post here in this thread, otherwise my post would be likely to be removed from the postman thread.

I just wanted to mention that the German version is non-glossy, so if this is actually bothering you a lot, this might be an alternative. Since you have the English LWB now, you'd be able to read up on the cards and see which card is which.

(Gosh, sounds like I'm trying to push the German deck on you. That's not my intention. I just know that some people are really bothered by glossy cards, so I thought I'd mention this.)

Oh, I can live with the glossy stock. I'm not going to purchase another just because of the cardstock. I think 1 copy is enough. :) But thanks for the information!

Miss Divine

Wow - does that sound POMPOUS! It sounds like something someone would put in a resume!

The artist of this cartoon probably never heard of this deck:

Ha! This made me chuckle!

Freddie

Well it arrived yesterday. It has a chunky LWB indeed and I like it. I didn't expect them to be so glossy, but atleast they will hold up so I'm fine with that. I don't like that they put the copyright on the cards. But atleast on this deck they are on the backs instead of the fronts so I'm fine with that too. The only card I don't like is the Clown (Fool) card. I love it that it has several cards with owls in them since I'm crazy about owls. (A friend of mine has a tame snow owl :heart: ) I have done several readings with it to try them out. This deck delivers exactly what I was looking for... Simple, gentle and to the point readings. It's almost kinda fluffy in a non fluffy way. Also, a very easy deck which can be quite nice at times. I have to say I am happy to have it in my collection. :)

I have this one, but haven't used it for awhile. I have always really liked the back pattern and found the deck as a whole to be gentle yet truthful. I think you have made a good choice with this one.

Freddie