The De-Enabling Thread

gregory

I like the Archeon..... I cannot help !

Can anyone deenable me from BabyDream (the seller) - her stuff is great and I have just seen heaps more of it (she emails me...) and I want lots of it (- NOT even all of it, so I have some discrimination left) and.... (therapy wouldn't go far enough to save ME..... :()

Cielo

Ohh nooo!!!! I just visited the Archeon Tarot home page and that just didn't help at all!!!! :bugeyed: Now I just want it even more!!!!! :)

Emily

I like the Archeon too - but I'm managing to resist it because I just don't think I could read with it - the artwork is lovely and I think its that what is drawing me in. And so if I did get it, it would be more for the artwork than to actually have it as a reading deck.

la-luna

I love the Archeon (but that’s not what you wanted to hear so here are 2 things that could De-Enabling)

The lamination feels very plastic /wax-isch and has a strange smell that can last some time

It’s a beautiful but very dark deck so if you’re not into dark decks this might work against you if you want it as a reading deck.

Cielo

:D
Well so far you are all doing a lousy job of talking me out of getting the Archeon, aren't you!!!! :D I don't mind the lamitation, in fact I like it a little glossy and easy to wipe off....(perhaps because I'm rather clumsy and it's not uncommon for me to spill all sorts of things over my cards...:eek:, you should see my Radiant RWS, it's stained and bent and all sorts...still my favorite reading deck, though), and the fact that the deck is somewhat dark speaks in its favor since almost ALL my decks are very cheerful and sunny and sweet...hmmm (ok, not the Vargo obviously...lol...)....I fancied something a bit different...and I still like the Haindl though I do realize the pips are rather boring....*sigh*.....

I think I may have too much idle time on my hands.... }) I should work instead of checking the deck section all the time!! :D :D :D

Little Baron

My intention was to go look at the Archeon, Cielo, and help de-enable you.

I went and looked.

Damn. I gotta have this one at some point.

It reminds me of all the bits I like from the Rohrig, Haindl and Cosmic Tribe, without all the bits I hate.

So, I join your gang, Cielo.

LB

jackdaw*

I liked it too, but I can de-enable a little bit ...

Yucky laminate that makes the cards stick together in clumps.
Dark images. Not just dark themed, but sometimes too dark to make out what the images actually ARE.

Cielo

LittleBuddha said:
My intention was to go look at the Archeon, Cielo, and help de-enable you.

I went and looked.

Damn. I gotta have this one at some point.

It reminds me of all the bits I like from the Rohrig, Haindl and Cosmic Tribe, without all the bits I hate.

So, I join your gang, Cielo.

LB

Hahahahaha.....ok, you are SO not helping LB!!! :D I say we rebel and just go ahead and indulge!!! Whatcha say?!?! ;) })
Exactly!! It's lovely without the annoying bits of the Rohring and Haindl (Cosmic tribe I don't know)....lol...aww we are awful, aren't we?! :D YAY! And we love it!

Fallen Angel

:bugeyed:

OMG !! I just checked the site too... I WANT I WANT I WANT !!

Errrr...I think we need to delete the Archeon comments, there is some weird subliminal thing going on.

REASONS WHY I CANT HAVE -

NO MONEY !!!!! Please, dont let me buy it...

They are evil cards, drawing us all in like this, hmmmmm...nope I still want them, any other ideas???

Alta

Agree about the Haindl and the Fenestra, but I gather you are already de-enabled from those two. (yuck to both).

The Archeon is an excellent deck, one of the best collage decks I have ever seen. Done with real insight. It is a superb reading deck. imho of course.