Magician as emotional connection

chainsmoker

Well, I read the answers you got, humm, interesting, nevertheless not too good.

Concerning the Wheel of Fortune I immediately thought "up and down".
But your cards aren't bad cards. If you pulled the Death, the Devil, the Tower, 10 of Swords etc. yes, but here it's different.
Just to be careful your boyfriend isn't "The Mentalist" :D

Why do you think it's him? Maybe I'm the crazy one? Maybe it's me manipulating him?

Morgan Le Fei

I see, so the imagery is similar to the RWS but he has a deer head hat with antlers on?

I was asking since the cards can be so different.

IndigoWaves

Your having mentioned a sense of "wow" when around this guy does suggest feeling dazzled by him -- so it could be said that he's put on an impressive magical show, so far. Your dressing up, applying makeup, etc. on the other hand, is more of an Empress action: seeking to be and feel more alluring in an Earthy way -- to attract loving appreciation and affection, and yes, sometimes security or material things... But it's not the same as a chilly Magician's scheme (if such is actually involved here).

It's also important to note that you apparently haven't been consciously wanting to deceive or "use" this guy... And when a Magician seeks to manipulate another person, its done very consciously: a carefully crafted expression of his "smarts" and varied abilities -- otherwise, he wouldn't get to feel proud of himself if it succeeds (one main goal that is sought). For any unconsciously-driven, so-called "crazy" manipulations, I'd look more to the Moon or perhaps other Watery Majors/cards.

The Wheel for "Long term potential" is notable, too, being very much Mutable (Jupiter) and unpredictable -- as is the Magician (Mercury), for any who try to follow his actions; it does seem to further highlight his influence upon this relationship. If his intentions are good, then he may be able to keep things fresh and stimulating for both of you... OR, on a more neutral note, it may just be a matter of "Poof! He's gone." at some point...

Worst case scenario, he may be up to no good -- but if so, "dark" cards would likely have appeared, as well (or would start to gather in readings about him). In any case, it's best to remain as aware as possible of this guy's actions and how they affect you, as the relationship progresses... This should at least be an interesting ride.

chainsmoker

I see, so the imagery is similar to the RWS but he has a deer head hat with antlers on?

I was asking since the cards can be so different.

Yes. Looks very attractive and charismatic

chainsmoker

Your having mentioned a sense of "wow" when around this guy does suggest feeling dazzled by him -- so it could be said that he's put on an impressive magical show, so far. Your dressing up, applying makeup, etc. on the other hand, is more of an Empress action: seeking to be and feel more alluring in an Earthy way -- to attract loving appreciation and affection, and yes, sometimes security or material things... But it's not the same as a chilly Magician's scheme (if such is actually involved here).

It's also important to note that you apparently haven't been consciously wanting to deceive or "use" this guy... And when a Magician seeks to manipulate another person, its done very consciously: a carefully crafted expression of his "smarts" and varied abilities -- otherwise, he wouldn't get to feel proud of himself if it succeeds (one main goal that is sought). For any unconsciously-driven, so-called "crazy" manipulations, I'd look more to the Moon or perhaps other Watery Majors/cards.

The Wheel for "Long term potential" is notable, too, being very much Mutable (Jupiter) and unpredictable -- as is the Magician (Mercury), for any who try to follow his actions; it does seem to further highlight his influence upon this relationship. If his intentions are good, then he may be able to keep things fresh and stimulating for both of you... OR, on a more neutral note, it may just be a matter of "Poof! He's gone." at some point...

Worst case scenario, he may be up to no good -- but if so, "dark" cards would likely have appeared, as well (or would start to gather in readings about him). In any case, it's best to remain as aware as possible of this guy's actions and how they affect you, as the relationship progresses... This should be at least be an interesting ride.

Yes, I have such a feeling with him. I see. Thank you for explanation. :)

My intentions were and still are true. I want to really build something with this person, if I can. His intentions - no idea, really. He seems to be nice, honest, definitely not a player. He is not a bad person.

Most possible outcome, if nothing changes, was Chariot. Another Major. I think it means different goals/paths in life, big differences between us, also him staying in control of his emotions, not letting them loose. I don't think that we will really get together if relationship continues like this. I'm really bad with interpreting Majors. I guess that's obvious. :D

I just don't know what to do to change it. It is true, I'm so dazzled that it's fine with me that everything happens on his rules and I'm trying to follow and even change myself if I think he'd like it. I know it's a bad sign but I'm just so in love. :D I guess that's the essence of my Magician here.

decan

Why do you think it's him? Maybe I'm the crazy one? Maybe it's me manipulating him?
It is because of your gender, and in the Robin Wood you used the Magician has a beard, so... :)
But Major Arcana are archetypes, therefore, yes, this Magician could be you I guess!