Death + nine of cups

kav718

I only saw one other thread about this I didn't find much information on there.
How would Death and Nine of cups be seen when Death was supposed to represent person A and then nine of cups as feelings towards person B from person A? Empress represented both person A and B.

I'm confused as to whether this means Person B will never get person A, it will never happen, and a baby, prosperity and fertility of the empress will never happen for them

OR

Person A is dramatic, huge change for person B and person B is everything person A wants.

decan

The Death card is impressive. Person A could have a status or a personality intimidating for other people.
Or his personality could be usually in that way, maybe in his job (some people are like that, with a kind of austerity). But eventually with you he could be different.

Well, these are guessings; probably the best here would be to know this person A better and to ask him if he wants a relationship that leads to a family life. Not sure with Death, but?

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Hi kav718,

If you haven't, please read the UTC Posting Rules. You have mentioned 3 cards so you need to provide interpretations for all three cards. Please clearly indicate which part of your interpretations relates to each card. I have hidden a reply until that has been done.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

kav718

Oh, sorry!

So pretty much in my eyes I see death as person A being a major change to person B. However, I also think it could be used as a negator, as in, the cards that follow aren't happening because of death. I tend to lean more towards a progressive change for the Death card, though.

For the nine of cups, I think of "be careful what you wish for." Perhaps person A believes person B comes with a price?

Empress is pretty much a sex goddess, fertile, abundant and gorgeous.

rwcarter

How would Death and Nine of cups be seen when Death was supposed to represent person A and then nine of cups as feelings towards person B from person A? Empress represented both person A and B.
Person A as Death could represent someone who brings about change or transformation in other people's lives.

Person B's feelings towards person A as 9 Cups could indicate that B feels that A is their wish come true.

The two of them together as the Empress could indicate a loving relationship or one that is nurturing to both parties allowing them each to grow.

Rodney

kav718

Person A as Death could represent someone who brings about change or transformation in other people's lives.

Person B's feelings towards person A as 9 Cups could indicate that B feels that A is their wish come true.

The two of them together as the Empress could indicate a loving relationship or one that is nurturing to both parties allowing them each to grow.

Rodney

Well 9 cups was actually feelings that A had towards B, not B towards A. So person A is death and he feels 9 cups for person B.

How do you know when to use death as a negator or to look at as someone bringing change? I know the death card stands for a scorpio, and person A actually happens to be a double scorpio. Does this matter at all?

kav718

The Death card is impressive. Person A could have a status or a personality intimidating for other people.
Or his personality could be usually in that way, maybe in his job (some people are like that, with a kind of austerity). But eventually with you he could be different.

Well, these are guessings; probably the best here would be to know this person A better and to ask him if he wants a relationship that leads to a family life. Not sure with Death, but?

Well, asking this person is not an option so that's why tarot is being used as a form of divination. Could money possibly be the status you are speaking of?

decan

Well, asking this person is not an option so that's why tarot is being used as a form of divination. Could money possibly be the status you are speaking of?
In my Tarot of the White Cats there is a treasure of golden coins near the skeleton, but in my opinion it is to show that rich or not, death is the same for everyone, and we won't take money with us when it will come. It is the same in the Rider-Waite I think.

Death doesn't show an empathic character, but it is a Prince on a white horse, not just anyone. I thought about someone who could frighten a bit people for some reasons. Are you sure it is interested by you? Death is really cold!

kav718

In my Tarot of the White Cats there is a treasure of golden coins near the skeleton, but in my opinion it is to show that rich or not, death is the same for everyone, and we won't take money with us when it will come. It is the same in the Rider-Waite I think.

Death doesn't show an empathic character, but it is a Prince on a white horse, not just anyone. I thought about someone who could frighten a bit people for some reasons. Are you sure it is interested by you? Death is really cold!

Oh, so could this mean a literal lack of feelings? Death...cold, emotionless, lifeless.. could sadistic be represented by death? I'm just trying to understand death as a person.

rwcarter

Well 9 cups was actually feelings that A had towards B, not B towards A. So person A is death and he feels 9 cups for person B.

How do you know when to use death as a negator or to look at as someone bringing change? I know the death card stands for a scorpio, and person A actually happens to be a double scorpio. Does this matter at all?
OK. This probably won't apply to this particular situation, but here's an example of how the same person can be Death and feel the 9C. Let's say that A is a fitness instructor. As Death, he would help people who aren't fit put an end to that part of their life, helping them to get into shape. As feelings for B, he could be very happy at the thought of bringing about this type of change in B's life. Then to bring in the Empress, once B has become fit, together they could help grow A's business as a fitness instructor.

Rodney