Orion and the Penis Nebula

Milfoil

Personally, I doubt anyone who has researched such things ever has considered it such since the traditional and accepted image of a phalic symbol on a warrior would be shown in an erect position to indicate fertility and vigour. This is neither which is why it is generally accepted to be a sword.

Rosanne

So thats what the dog is about to seize! No wonder the Syrians called Orion Al Jabbar -The Giant. Could be why Artemis fell in love with him mind you. It makes sense when one thinks of Osiris and the search for his bits that Seth cut up. Would have been easy to find. Thanks for the ....um well heads up does not seem right?...um ..information :D ~Rosanne

Fulgour

NOTE: This Post Began the Thread
The recent glitch scrambled things a bit.

To actually see what I mean here you really need to go out
and get a good look at Orion and then you'll see...his penis.

I do not know if it is the cold and clear autumn mornings,
or if my starry eyes have developed a wicked imagination,
but the other morn I was stopped in my tracks in wonder.

The attachment below will help you locate the precise area,
usually known as the Orion Nebula, or Sword of Orion. >:eek:<

Has anyone ever tried to imagine someone wearing a sword
in such a manner... and don't just look at the attachement,
because to see it in the sky all by itself it's as clear as day.

Attachments

• Orion and the Orion Nebula.jpg
    Orion and the Orion Nebula.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 1,512

Gayla

Fulgour...:) How erotic is that....you are making me blush.

Rainbow Aurora

Fulgour said:
To actually see what I mean here you really need to go out
and get a good look at Orion and then you'll see...
Rainbow busies herself on the web discovering
where to look and what time she should set the alarm
clock for tomorrow morning for the best view!

Fulgour... words fail me!! :bugeyed:

Rainbow

Rosanne

Well I have just come inside from watching Orion's Sign with a telescope. Well as I am in the country away from City lights- I really did not need the telescope to see the nebula M42- but it was amazing.
Now Fulgour you know I have always thought of Orion as the Fool- you have just confirmed it for me. This what my star map book says of this...
THE GREAT NEBULA M42 : This star nursery (get the pun?), one of the marvels of the night sky, is also known as the *Orion Nebula*. Plainly visible to the naked eye under a dark sky, it can be clearly seen with binoculars in the City. The swirls of Nebulosity spread out from it core of four stars called the *Trapezium*, which power the nebula.
I have attached photo of said nebula. It is as if taken from Orions head looking down. ~Rosanne

Attachments

• Orion 2.jpg
    Orion 2.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 817

kwaw

Rosanne said:
Now Fulgour you know I have always thought of Orion as the Fool- you have just confirmed it for me. ~Rosanne

I agree, fits in with Orion as Fool perfectly:) Orion's penis has been commented upon before, for instance see Orion's Penis by Rehman Rashid [2001) here:

http://www.magickriver.net/op.htm

Kwaw

cheekyminx

Did someone say penis? ;)

Oh my, definitely a phallic symbol lol

kwaw

An excerpt from Written in the Stars:

"Orion!" Several voices responded.
"That's right. Orion, the hunter. These four stars make up his body." Charles reluctantly relinquished his grasp on Aurora and pointed to the stars. Her softly mewed protest went straight to his groin. "This bright star located at his knee is Rigel. It's the seventh brightest star in our nighttime sky. Below, the Orion Nebula is part of his belt and sword. It's...”
"Is it true that it wasn't his sword at first? But his penis?"
"Hazel! How could you?" Mabel complained.
"I'm so embarrassed!" wailed Harriet.
"Grow up, girls. Penis, vagina, breasts, buttocks ... everybody here knows who's got what and where it goes."
"Oh, Lordy..."
"Professor Charles? His sword?" Hazel asked again.
Charles felt Aurora's hands leave the side of his hips, and under the cover of his suit jacket, she slipped her fingers into the edge of his front pockets. Sweat beaded his upper lip. He wanted to remove his jacket but didn't dare. Dark or not, the bulge in his pants was sure to draw attention, and all this talk of penises certainly wasn't helping. "Well, ah, yes. When the constellations were first identified, it was before man had fashioned steel swords. I have heard that Orion's sword was originally considered..." His heavy, throbbing dick. "...his, uh, phallus. Moving on..."

excerpt from Written in the stars:
http://www.larissalyons.com/written.htm

Beth Hagens in 'Timber of the Sphere' also refers to it as his sword or penis:
http://www.oicm.umontreal.ca/cim05/cim05_articles/HAGENS_B_CIM05.pdf

The sword as penis can also be found in the vedas and in japanese mythology.

Kwaw

gregory

Rosanne said:
The swirls of Nebulosity spread out from it core of four stars called the *Trapezium*, which power the nebula.
And the swirls of nebulosity would be... :?: :eek: