Orion and the Penis Nebula

Barbaras Ahajusts

Orion

My grandson's name is Orion. His Uncle got to name him. He wanted to give him a strong name, Orion Anthony.

I normally have to have some fun with other peoples, "nebula/sword" but because of the name, Orion, I have to set this one out.

But boy howdy is Orion going to get a huge a*s kick out of this one! :laugh:

Granny Barb ;)

Tristram Shandy

Milfoil said:
Personally, I doubt anyone who has researched such things ever has considered it such since the traditional and accepted image of a phalic symbol on a warrior would be shown in an erect position to indicate fertility and vigour. This is neither which is why it is generally accepted to be a sword.
I thought it was generally accepted as a belt. The Book of Job calls the stars as the cords of Orion, which is something belt-like, too. The stars don't look like a sword at all, they could be a knife at most.

Rosanne

Tristram Shandy said:
I thought it was generally accepted as a belt. The Book of Job calls the stars as the cords of Orion, which is something belt-like, too. The stars don't look like a sword at all, they could be a knife at most.
Hi Tristram, it is not the belt we are talking about. The three stars that make up the belt (and are reflected in alignment of Pyramids) are above the the Nebula M42. If you look at a map of Orion the belt is where Orion's waist is- go down to where you think his groin is and there is his Penis and the Nebula. Art depictions have a sword sitting there hanging across his groin -sort of. ~Rosanne

kwaw

Tristram Shandy said:

It is the sword, not the belt; however the belt too has been thought of as a penis too, for example the erect penis of the Egyptian god Min, also associated with Orion. The association of the 'sword' as penis is ancient - it can be found in japanese myth for example, and in the vedas the god of heaven [Dyaut Pitai - Deus Pater - Jupiter] takes the form of the the gazelle [an image of Orion in the vedas] to rape his daughter, and she chews on his 'sword' and she vomits up worlds/creatures [or something like that, I am paraphrasing from memory].

Kwaw

Rainbow Aurora

So, this happy, cheerful and interesting thread
is reduced to soft smut reading material and just
throw in some incest, rape and oral sex for good
measure.

Thank you Kwaw

Barbaras Ahajusts

Rainbow Aurora said:
So, this happy, cheerful and interesting thread
is reduced to soft smut reading material and just throw in some incest, rape and oral sex for good measure. Thank you Kwaw

Ahhh for pete's sake. I guess adults sharing knowledge gleamed from litature is not acceptable?
Sharing is learning.
The story was gross, but it still stands, as it is, as information on a learning forum.

Barbara

sweet_intuition

Penis Schmenis! ... :p

Rainbow Aurora

Too vivid to be vague

Barbaras Ahajusts said:
I guess adults sharing knowledge gleamed from litature is not acceptable?
kwaw wrote: "[or something like that, I am paraphrasing from memory]."
I've no such memories, so perhaps he will refresh his here for us today?

Barbaras Ahajusts

Ahhh!
Mother always said to beware the sword or was it th penis? I can't remember, I'm to old. ;)

Now that Nebula shot was truly beautiful! I am guessing the colors of that one planet in the Sword/Penis is the gasses from the Nebula? I am going to brighten that pic and use it as a background pic for my pc!

Beware! :laugh:

Barb