Goodbye Vanessa

Alea

Whelp.... I asked my local bookstore if i could special order the Vanessa.... I can't. They say the publishers don't have any on-hand to ship to the philippines.
At least i have ONE copy coming here.... But i so wanted to get one or two, so i can have one for a backup copy and one purely for study.... Dangit.

Debra

Alea! blue_fusion lives in the Philippines, too!

Whelp.... I asked my local bookstore if i could special order the Vanessa.... I can't. They say the publishers don't have any on-hand to ship to the philippines.
At least i have ONE copy coming here.... But i so wanted to get one or two, so i can have one for a backup copy and one purely for study.... Dangit.

Alea

Alea! blue_fusion lives in the Philippines, too!

Woah! Really? O_O Oh my gosh! I always knew blue_fusion was the creator of the Vanessa, just not that he was from the philippines!
but even if he is, i doubt i can find anywhere here that sells the deck, sadly. :(

Walrus

Oh no! This deck has been on my wishlist for a long time. I guess if there's ever a time to try to buy it, it's now. A shame though :(

Sar

The battle is not lost. I am on it. Here is the letter I wrote.

Hey.

Today I learned that my beloved Vanessa Tarot has gone OOP. A sad day for me and more important a sad day for Tarot.

I have a lot of great decks and a couple of copies of the Vanessa. She is the one I work with every day and I would love to be able to do that every single day of my tarot journey. She moves and inspires me to become a better reader and a better human being. But in 10 years I would need to pay 300$ for a used and bruised Vanessa because you guys no longer publish her.

I know that business is business and that there is no evil plan behind this decision. But I would love for you to reconsider, because many people need a modern take on the RWS system and Vanessa Tarot is perfect in that regard.

If it is the tin box that makes her expensive, so leave that thought behind and just print her in the new edition with your usual great card stock and box. The important thing here is to keep her alive.

Make my dream come true.

Sincerley

Sar, Norway.

claire1805

I am honestly a little shocked right now. A while back, I wanted to treat myself to another Tarot deck and the Vanessa Tarot was one of the few decks I had considered getting (I went with the Joie de Vivre Tarot in the end).

Might have to get this one before it becomes unavailable forever!

Sar

I am honestly a little shocked right now. A while back, I wanted to treat myself to another Tarot deck and the Vanessa Tarot was one of the few decks I had considered getting (I went with the Joie de Vivre Tarot in the end).

Might have to get this one before it becomes unavailable forever!

I feel you, I never got the Langustl Tarot before it went OOP.

Laura Borealis

What a shame! I have to admit I don't read with mine, but I like having it in my collection and I take it out to look at now and then. I love its style and expressiveness.

porcupines

Ah awesome job on the letter Sar!!!

I ordered my deck and Amazon now says they will take a few days to ship so perhaps they only have a few copies left at some location (this is just my reasoning, not what Amazon said or what their FAQ says) and need to ship from there. Might be, sadly, one of your last chances to get a new one ://

Owl Song

Chiming in with my love for the Vanessa. It's a wonderfully witty and fun deck. It's the deck I love to slip in my purse. It reads like a dream and has a great and sassy style.