TAROT OF THE ZIRKUS MÄGI in the Top Fifty!!

Freder

I'm so surprised and honored that Tarot Professionals have selected my deck among this year's "Top 50 Essential Tarot Decks for 2014," among many worthier decks from more talented people. (I mean, most of these folks can actually paint. I can't!) Many thanks to anyone here who voted.

Here's the list: http://www.tarotassociation.net/top-50-essential-tarot-decks/

And here's the deck: http://circustarot.blogspot.com

-- and there's more exciting news coming soon. Shhh! It's still a secret...

Best wishes, all....

DT

littlethings

Congratulations! :)

Le Fanu

I'd been meaning to get this deck for a while - but you know how it is, you lose track of things and threads and wonder if it's sold out - etc etc. then I wondered, I just wondered whether the "more exciting news" is that it has been picked up by a major publisher? What else could it be? :D

Anyway, I finally got round to ordering it. Please Mr Freder, do what you did last time with my Oracle; I wasn't charged at Customs, so whatever you did, worked.

prudence

Congratulations!!

Le Fanu, do tell, which tarot publishing company do you think would pick this one up? I could see LoS, as they do tend to grab some of the more unusual decks out there, other than the ones they put out from their own artists/authors. I am not as familiar with US Games, and their tendencies...but it would be fun to speculate which company would grab this one, if that is indeed the good news.

I am excitedly awaiting my Zirkus Magi.

Chronata

Congratulations! I love love love this deck. Every single card. that's a rarity for me!

I wish I owned it...I was hoping after last weekend. I put money aside and everything...only to have a stupid emergency.

I am hoping there will still be one available when I work my way out of this hole!

Because I seriously adore this deck!

Le Fanu

Le Fanu, do tell, which tarot publishing company do you think would pick this one up? I could see LoS, as they do tend to grab some of the more unusual decks out there, other than the ones they put out from their own artists/authors. I am not as familiar with US Games, and their tendencies...but it would be fun to speculate which company would grab this one, if that is indeed the good news
I have probably just created a tarot rumour with no foundation whatsoever - but what else could it be? Unless there are special Zirkus drawstring bags or reading cloths or something.

Of all the tarot publishers, U.S Games most strikes a chord with me and this deck. LoS would shrink it and border it. In terms of formatting it might not work. AG Muller are just getting worse and worse and it's too unconventional for Llewellyn.

But what do I know? It may well be something else entirely...

Freder

Chronata, no worries, I have plenty left.

Le Fanu, I'll do my best... and cross my fingers. I do WISH that what you speculate was true (you don't know how much I wish it), but that's not it... at least not yet, although I have definitely decided that I'm not going to reprint the thing, and if there is another edition it will have to come from somewhere out there.

Publishing a deck oneself is just... very stressful. And I was fortunate in that I started with a successful Kickstarter campaign.

No, my news is more in the nature of... meh, the best clue is to be found in Card Zero of any tarot deck. It'll be ten to twelve days before I can come right out and say it.

Le Fanu

awww :( I was so hoping for this deck to be more widely available. But I grabbed myself a copy before they dwindle just to be on the safe side.

I can imagine how stressful putting a deck out must be. I have followed enough decks on here to see that. But maybe after a rest of a year or so you'll be ready for battle again once people start forming a chorus line demanding another edition...

mayan

Hey, Freder...
Congrats!!! Well-deserved!

cheshrkat

Congratulations!
I purchased the Majors only deck awhile back and everyone that I've shown it to really liked it, so it's no wonder it's become so popular!
Thank you for sharing your vision with the rest of the tarot community