What`s the time frame for a tarot reading?

Hayyot

Hi...I `ve read that the "time frame" (let`s say...its validity) for a tarot reading is about 6 months ahead, is this correct?
Thank you

tarotbear

That is a 'nice' theory, but most readers use a 'short' timeframe because with so many factors that can change instantly and affect an outcome, it would be virtually impossible to as the Tarot a question about 'What will I be doing in the year 2050?' and expect a realistic answer for it that would not be changed by 2050.

When I am doing a reading for someone and they have no concept of what they want to ask (which makes you wonder why they want a reading to begin with) I always tell them to 'Ask about the next 6 months' - which gives a focus to their question; in theory Tarot is infinite. But to only say 'Tarot cannot see more than 6 months ahead' would be untrue. It is best to ask a question within a set timeframe than to ask an 'open-ended' question.

nisaba

The spread I use most frequently is a short-term one, with positions for the present, the near future (weeks or a small number of months, and positions for a year or so. There are also positions where if advice-cards fall, I mention that this is life-advice, it should be followed forever to get the best outcomes in your life. :)

Other people have read for me with stuff that didn't appear to happen - until many, many years later. If something doesn't happen in the short term, that doesn't mean it won't in the longer term.

Laurelle

Anyone who is clairvoyant will tell you that time is an illusion. It's very hard to predict. I've predicted things that have happened 10 years later, but I tell the person 5 years. Or I'll have a number in my head like "27". And can't figure out what it will mean other than "it will happen when you're 27", but in reality is happened on 9/27 or 2007. But the bigger picture is that the desciption of the event happens.

When I muse with my cards, I sometimes ask questions like "when" and I'll then pull 2 cards. If both cards have the number 6 on them, I generally think 6 months. I almost always think in months, but again, time is an illusion. It's a man-made construct and psychics tend to live outside of the man made world.

I was impatient about when something would happen recently. So I kept asking "when". I would constantly get key 12. lol. But since I was sooo impatient, I kept asking. Sometimes things happen when you are ready and the stars align.

EyeAmEye

In my experience there is no time frame, at least not one you can measure. Even when you integrate a time frame into your question, it doesn't seem to work. I have had readings that were pertinent for short time frames regardless of the question or spread and others that took far longer under the same parameters. One took over 5 years to ring true, but it turned out to probably be the most accurate reading I've ever done, even if the "spread" positions were designed for shorter intervals.

My personal take on this is we as humans do not effect the outcomes, but we do effect the time frames involved due to our actions and/or inactions. The reading I referenced above, had I believed what the reading was suggesting (I thought it absolutely absurd), I might have been able to hasten the result based on my actions to make it occur. Since I didn't and took no action to achieve the predicted result, it took 5 years. My guess anyway.

Marirowana

Hi...I `ve read that the "time frame" (let`s say...its validity) for a tarot reading is about 6 months ahead, is this correct?
Thank you

It could be, but not necessarily. Just set the timeframe for your reading before you start, you can choose. You can read just about tomorrow or about the whole uocoming year. :)

Chimera Dust

I've never heard of all readings everywhere having a set validity.

Personally, I'm a strong believer in personal choice influencing your future (in most situations I can imagine) so I don't have a proper time frame. I just assume it's about the near future and tend to read it as the most probable outcome.

For example, if I'm reading about a friend's life within the next few months and there's something about that person accomplishing something positive at work and their current relationship ending, there's a higher chance that some of it is due to current factors. The work accomplishment could be because the work they're doing now will pay off and the end of the relationship could be due to troubles that are already there. I think it could still be possible to change that outcome, if the person decides to leave their job tomorrow or address the problems in their relationship.

If I'm reading about my friend's life 50 years now, while some things may be because of factors already at work, there's much more time for that person to change their habits and fix patterns in their life. I can do a reading about that and find out that friend will have lots of health problems. It's possible that some of those health problems are because of their current habits and can't be avoided, but the chance of that person being able to change things by getting healthier habits like eating better, quitting smoking, and so on is also much higher.

That's my opinion, at least.

DuchessOfDaisy

You can choose to set a time frame within the question asked.

I have found this to be true for me:
If it is something in which a person has free will over (time will not be given, only because it will be based upon when they "choose" to do something).

Timing is always a tricky thing. If you want to hone timing skills to help see timing in your cards better, start asking it about the choices you make-
For example:
When will ____ go to the grocery store? (days-weeks)
When will I take my car to have the oil changed? (weeks-months)
When will my pet's next vet appointment be? (days- year)

*Once you get comfortable with short term questions, start pushing out the time frame, (as seen in () for you).