Do you sit around and shuffle your decks?

danielnogo

I must confess, when I am not doing anything, or am watching a movie, I will usually sit there and just shuffle the hell out of one of my decks. It lets me spend time with each deck I have so that none of them get stagnant, I want them all to have my energy.

I'll just shuffle over and over and over, and I feel when I do that, it takes in my thoughts and feelings throughout the day, so that the deck will read great because its chock full of my energy.

Anyone else do this? I even do it at work, I bring a deck and just shuffle it all day long.

3ill.yazi

I was just doing that. LOL.

feynrir

Definitely do it even at one of my jobs, yes. I really love shuffling! So relaxing, and less annoying to put a deck down mid-shuffle than to put a book down when the work needs to get done again.

It's made me nervous as it attracts a bit of attention, but I just shrug it off. A number of my coworkers have become very attracted to various decks in this way, though :D Kinda nice.

GlitterNova

YES. ALL THE TIME. I hate to say it but I definitely do that more than I do any actually reading. Sometimes just holding a deck can be very comforting.

danielnogo

Definitely do it even at one of my jobs, yes. I really love shuffling! So relaxing, and less annoying to put a deck down mid-shuffle than to put a book down when the work needs to get done again.

It's made me nervous as it attracts a bit of attention, but I just shrug it off. A number of my coworkers have become very attracted to various decks in this way, though :D Kinda nice.

Lol people do kinda look at you different, but mostly in a good way from what I've seen, I've even met other tarot enthusiast this way just because they always saw me shuffling the cards. I've done readings for several people who heard through the grapevine that there was a "tarot guy" around that reads cards, and they tracked me down and basically demanded a reading, so excited too.

mused

Yes indeed. Especially if I'm trying to break in a deck to make it easier to handle I'll bring it with me and shuffle it when I'm in the car (passenger not driving)

I find the whole process of shuffling quite relaxing, gives my hands something useful to do while my mind wanders

Nemia

Yes, I love that feeling of infusing the deck with my energies... Shuffling is really relaxing, and it connects me with my beloved decks.

I also like very much sorting them. Sometimes in suit sequence, at others times in numerical sequence. Then I go through the deck, compare and enjoy. And then I break it up again and shuffle.

It would a pity to take decks out of their shell only for readings...

Grizabella

Yep, I shuffle just about all the time watching a movie or reading posts here on AT. If I'm not shuffling, I'm beading, which I did get busy with today for most of the day. But if nothing else is going on, I'm shuffling cards. Not riffling now, though, I'm over-handing the mini Motherpeace and pocket Thoth these days.

The Happy Squirrel

Doing that now :p

Got back from work. Got changed. Ate. Fiddle on the computer and shuffle a couple of decks :D

cSpaceDiva

Yes I do this too. :D